Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-27-2001, 01:54 AM   #1
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Ladies and Gentlemen, without further ado, I give you Chapter 8 . . .

The room was dark as the Evil Mage did his incantations. Accord puts Blood of an unborn infant, shavings off the jawbone of a cow, and eye of Gingritch. Mists swirls about and a figure rises from the mist. Accord falls to the ground, prostrating himself before the mighty figure. “YES, ACCORD, YOU HAVE DONE WELL. HAVE THEY ARRIVED?”

“YES, MY LORD. THEY ARE THERE. THE SIGNAL HASN’T GONE UP, BUT YOUR WINGED BEASTS ARE READY. DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING FURTHER?”

“NO, ACCORD. IT IS GOOD. EVERYTHING IS IN PLACE. I MAY EVEN TAKE PART IN THE BATTLE TO KILL THIS WELP, THIS BLACK KNIGHT. HE HAS DONE TOO MUCH TO ALLOW SOMEONE ELSE THE PLEASURE OF KILLING HIM. YOU MAY TAKE ANYONE ELSE FOR YOUR . . . PLEASURE . . . I OWE THIS YOUNGLING MUCH SUCH HE THREW ME INTO MY OWN ANIMAL PIT. IT TOOK YOUR CLERIC OF TALOS TWO WEEKS TO PUT ME BACK TOGETHER. HE DIDN’T KNOW WHOSE BODY HE WAS WORKING ON. GOOD THING WE WERE GOING TO KILL HIM ANYWAYS.”

Accord looks up and swallows, “WE WERE? THEN YOU DID GET BACK THE STAFF THEN? AND HOW WILL WE KNOW TO ATTACK?”

The Cap-Locks God threw his head back and laughed, “THAT IS THE BEAUTY. I PUT A CHARM ON THE STAFF. THE NEXT TIME IT IS USED, IT WILL SET OFF A FIREBALL ABOUT FOURTY FEET ABOVE THE KEEP. THAT WILL SHOW US WHEN THE TIME TO ATTACK WILL BE . . . THE IRONY OF IT ALL! BWHAHAHAH!”

Accord lets the mist swallow his master back into the ground. “There is not much to do but wait and see . . .this should be interesting.” He takes his crystal ball and peers into it.

“Hope. . . but how?” The Black Knight mumbles, as he stumbles forward? “The cleric was wrong. There was a way to bring me back from the dead. It was not pretty, but it worked.” Hope gets off her horse. She looks at the sky for a moment, the sun just coming over the horizon, shakes her head, and says, “But the price was high. I can no longer hear my God. I am no longer the Cleric you once new. I am empty inside.

The Black Knight nods, “That would explain the feeling I get from my Sword. It tugs at you like you are not good. I don’t understand. And that staff you have, that looks familiar. Where did you get it?”

LadyWendy motions for the Jester Memnoch to come. She whispers a few words to him and then pushes The Black Knight aside. “This person has been through a lot and here you are questioning her. I don’t care who she is, she is a guest in my estate, and until I say otherwise, she is not to be questioned like a common thief. Now dear, let me take you inside to freshen up. You must be exhausted. I will put you in the best quarters, right between Lady CloudBringer and myself.” Lady CloudBringer gives her a dirty look and walks over to her Black Knight and throws a protective arm over him. “Yes you must be tired. Here, let me take your things and have them transported to your room. Are you expecting anyone to be joining you?”

“Actually, I am expecting a Cleric from town to come. He has to make sure the spell holds correctly. She smiles sweetly at CloudBringer and says in a low tone for her ears only, “But I am sure that The Black Knight will want to get reacquainted with me later.” And she follows the Jester Memnoch off. Memnoch leads her off and takes her to the newly redesigned guestroom between LadyWendy and CloudBringer’s rooms. “This has changed.” She mutters. “Excuse me?” Memnoch says. “Nothing, I will be needing nothing further but my things. And tell whoever is bringing my stuff to be careful.” Memnoch nods thoughtfully and runs away on further errands.

The Black Knight calls his Canines to him and says a few words to them. WOLFGIR and Kdog nod and take spots near both entrances to the Keep. The Black Knight walks over to CloudBringer and gives her a hug. “I don’t know what is going on, but that . . . that is not my Hope. Something is wrong. I just can’t put my finger on it. It is like she looked around this place with knowledge. New things were noted. It feels wrong. And my Magical Sword almost shot out of its sheath when she looked at it. I don’t understand.” CloudBringer, with a tear in her eye, nods to her staff and they scurry around picking up Hope’s things. CloudBringer motions to one of the guards to come forward. “Bring her staff to me, I wish to exam it.”

He goes to give it to her, and it slips. He grabs it at the same time as CloudBringer does. CloudBringer gets knocked to the ground as a fireball arcs to the sky like a deadly firework, it explodes, blinding everyone. A great roar is heard as the Guard elongates. The dark magic is worked, as he is polymorphed into an Insane, Hungry Great Leech. His four claws pinching in the air and massive maw snapping shut. The Great Leech roars again as it barrels down on CloudBringer. Both Canines answered his roars with howls of their own. Kdog tackled the Polymorphed Guard high as WOLFGIR tackled low. CloudBringer quickly gets to her feet and draws her sword. LadyWendy cries, “No, Dogs to me!” And she starts her incantations. Both Canines jump off and growl as the back off towards LadyWendy. The Polymorphed Guard gets to its feet as LadyWendy finishes her spell. It doesn’t even effect the Guard as the Dispel Magic spell hits. The Black Knight draws his sword and goes to protect his Lady when an arrow speeds by and hits the creature in the knee. The creature makes a loud howling gurgle as it hits the ground. It shimmers slightly as it hits the ground. The Guard is Polymorphed back into his original form with an arrow protruding from the back of his knee. The Guard slumps in obvious pain.

The Black Knight spins around to find Cervando lowering his bow. “Seems you aren’t the only one with magical weapons. These arrows have the ability to Dispel Magics of the highest power upon impact. I’m just glad it was strong enough.”

CloudBringer calls for more servants to help the guard, and calls for Father Bronze to be brought from the Temple to help with the injured. “Someone bring me Hope. I want to get to the bottom of this. And what was that fireball for? Going straight up in the air like that. It was like it was almost a signal . . . “

The Black Knight’s eyes bulge. “Men,” he yells. “Prepare to defend the estate. We are going to be expecting visitors.” The men bustle about the Estate, readying the battlements. Vats of oil are readied, as the sun slowly starts to rise in the east. Arrows are checked as armor is quickly put on and secured. Hope is brought out into the courtyard visibly shaken and struggling against her captors. Memnoch says, “Seems LadyWendy was right. She had me keep an eye on this one. When that fireball went off, she ran for the castle wall. I caught her with a hold spell right before she could get to the North Gate.”

“What is this all about,” The Black Knight questioned. “Who are you, that you took the shape of my dead fiancée? ANSWER ME!” The Black Knight yelled. Just then a warning call was hear from the East. “COMING BY AIR! COMING BY AIR!” Out of the Sun came a score of Flying Griffins were visible, each carrying a pair of Orc Fighters. The Black Knight, with visible frustration at the turn of events, turns to Memnoch and shouts, “Take her to the Dungeon and lock her up in a cell. I am assuming you know more spells then how to make a coin disappear? Good, go to LadyWendy when that creature is ensconced in her cell and help LadyWendy with her spellcasting. Quickly.” Hope just laughs and draws her Black cloak around her. Memnoch takes her by the arm and leads her away. The Black Knight looks at the half score of men and shakes his head, wishing there were more.

Suddenly, LadyWendy appears with ten fighting men at her side. Lord Of Alcohol, Tobbin, and Cervando were at the fore. LadyWendy smiled, “What did you honestly think I had these Gentlemen hang around merely because they were pretty? I knew we might need some help defending the estate someday against that that is against you. I already sent my kitten to Sir Tainly, head of the Knights of the Holy Flame, letting him know we need help. I have had my Lady-in-Waiting, LadyRae take the servants underground to the tunnels. They know if they don’t our flag flying over the main castle in three days time to keep going to next town to warn them of the danger. We are ready.”

The Black Knight cocks his head for a second, then draws his sword. “Good, because here they come!” LadyWendy and CloudBringer look up just in time to see the first wave of Griffins fly over the battlements. Memnoch appears at LadyWendy’s side with a nice cloak around him. The burning arrows from the battlements are loosened on the incoming Griffin, and some of them drop their evil payloads short of the walls. The largest of the Griffin carry two humans on its back. It circles the action, waiting for the outcome. LadyWendy’s ten men make a quick circle around her while The Black Knight and company search out for battle where ever it may be found. The air was feverish with the sounds of battle as the Griffin unloaded their Orcs then gained altitude while awaiting further orders. The Black Knight was in his element, clearing a swath of evil in front of him. He looks over to see CloudBringer cornered by two Orcs. He takes a dagger out of his hand and throws it. The first Orc looks down and is surprised to see the point of a dagger sticking out of his chest. The Black Knight starts to run that way when CloudBringer hits the Orc with her Purple Rose of the Night and a Lightening Bolt screams down from the sky and kills the second. She dips her head to The Black Knight and her eyes widen. The Black Knight drops to the ground and the cleave of the Orcish Hand Axe. The Black Knight struggles to get Evilsbane up to block the next blow. He hears the whoosh above his head and sees his dagger stuck between the eye of the Orc. He gets up and looks back at CloudBringer. She blows him a kiss, then goes inside to find if any Orcs has gotten inside. The Black Knight takes his dagger from the corpse, wipes it on the Orc’s leather armor, and puts it back into his arm Sheath.

LadyWendy casts many spells, left and right. Orcs drop from the sky and are slain where they land. If LadyWendy’s spells don’t get them, Tobbin, Cervando, or Lord of Alcohol’s arrows get them. And Memnoch is there, singing his songs, making the Lad’s fears go away and strengthens their resolve. LadyWendy sees the battle waning, sends Cervando and Tobbin to search out for battle, the rest she takes with her inside to rouse out any that made it past the first line.

The Black Knight finds himself alone in the courtyard. He hears Orcish muttering around the corner. The Black Knight throws a rock into the discarded weapons on the other side of the courtyard. The Orc, hearing the noise comes to investigate. As he comes around the corner, The Black Knight goes to spring. He jumps on the back of the Biggest Orc he has ever seen. The Orc struggles to hit The Black Knight. He rams The Black Knight into the wall. The Black Knight gets his dagger out of his Sheath and finally manages to slit the Orc’s throat. The Orc fall backward on top of The Black Knight.

As The Black Knight struggles to get the Orc off of him, he hears human footsteps. “Hey, Help me get the bugger off me,” he says. He looks up to see the point of a dagger and the hem of a black cloak.

------------------
The Laughing Black Storm Cloud of the Night and PartTime Bartender of Moon Hope's Inn
Old 03-27-2001, 01:59 AM   #2
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

BWAHAHAHAAA, your death shall be my long awaited acention to god-dom you pesky, INSIGNIFICANT worm. Bow to your new master now, for there shall be no release from my torture in hell!

------------------
Old 03-27-2001, 02:22 AM   #3
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Well done BK. (And not just cause I'm in it either. LOL)

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-27-2001, 03:05 AM   #4
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

ALLRIGHT! FINALLY ANOTHER CHAPTER!! YAY!

Very good BK! I liked your cast of characters this time around too! I like having Tobbin, LofA and Memnoch backing me up! Hey, looks like LadyWendy can finally cast some spells besides Mime and Goose Grease! OH YEAH OH YEAH! Who's your daddy! Maybe next time she can actually KICK some butt too? I mean, hey, she's been going to those Kung Fu classes ya know!

Great Job!

------------------
Old 03-27-2001, 03:35 AM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ahhh, it's here! GOODY!

Yes, LadyZ..you sure do look good here! Hey, we are sisters with some pretty deadly skills, eh? LOOK OUT orcs...we'z baaaaaad! LOL

Jerome you, Fallen ghouladin, you! You are looking good for a soon to be deceased archnemesis! TEEHEE

I shall endeavor to put together something for you, Jerome, now that you are back! But I'm woefully short of time for a few days...sigh...

Tobbs! HIYA! You are doing well in the story too!

Cloudbringer

------------------
Storm-Queen
Purple Rose of the Black Knight
Old 03-27-2001, 03:57 AM   #6
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

CB - heehee! Yeah maybe it wasn't my spells, per se, but the angry chipmonky voice that sent those orcs hurdling from the sky!! LOL!

------------------
Old 03-27-2001, 04:27 AM   #7
Draconia

Great chapter BK. I really enjoy reading your story. Can't wait for the next chapter. You have a done a great job.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 03-27-2001, 09:02 PM   #8
The.Relic
Red Dragon

BK this is OUTSTANDING, and well worth the wait. I love the interplay between your characters. Alas, poor mighty Memnoch, a jester
Keep them coming, I am always looking forward to your work!
Smitten by
Old 03-27-2001, 10:33 PM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
CB - heehee! Yeah maybe it wasn't my spells, per se, but the angry chipmonky voice that sent those orcs hurdling from the sky!! LOL!
Chippy the badass Chipmunk still with you? Maybe it was the sight of ol' Chiparoo AND your bloodcurdling angry chipmonk screams? LOLOLOL

Hey, I didn't know I was so good with the daggers,sis! (rubs knuckles across front of bodice) Whoo!

CB
Old 03-28-2001, 01:00 AM   #10
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Well done BK!

But I am a bit confused....I thought Memnoch was the demon lord from the earlier part....or did I drink too much coffee again??

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!