Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2001, 08:46 AM   #41
Armisael

Heh, yeah, it was a tad disappointing, that bloody Balor was more of a challenge (don't mean to scyte or anything). Then again, I didn't even manage to pluck a magic sword off Jarlaxle's corpse, and he's meant to be a collector. Bah.

Old 01-14-2001, 09:16 AM   #42
Tobbin
Red Dragon

How did you come up against the Yochlol? I didn't persue the Viconia romance. Did you have to initiate something? I'd really love to check that one out.
Old 01-14-2001, 09:20 AM   #43
Armisael

You have to drive Viconia's romance through to the end and at one point you come up against a Yochlol, much the same way you're attacked by a band of cutthroats somewhere along Jaheira's romance. I won't spoil you, it's a fairly interesting plot.

Old 01-14-2001, 06:33 PM   #44
NytesHalo

I say NO to the Tarrasque. I saw that thing wipe out an entire party of people without much of a thought than continued to ravage the countryside before I decided that my horse moves faster than it does and got the hell outa there. And consider Tiamat. She's only the guardian of the FIRST of the NINE hells. You don't wanna see the other guardians. THe Pit Fiend Lord anyone, and not the watered down version BG gives us in their little demons. The blood War would be cool. I was hoping that in Torment, ah well. As for fighting ANY god, I think I'll pass. There is no way to kill a Power in its home Plane. Granted Raistlin did in Dragonlance against Takhisis, a watered down version of the TRUE Tiamat. But I also believe he was level 40 at that time if I remember correctly. Even then only barely. Bahamut does exist for whoever asked. He is the Platinum dragon. Wish I had my old D&D Deities and demigods book. And that was a VERY long time. They've made them more powerful in the latest versions. (Shudders) I'll stay a mortal thank ye very much.

Old 01-14-2001, 07:04 PM   #45
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

hmm... there are always pits lords, strong demonic lords and each rulers of the nine hells... i wuz wonderin... if there is so much hell... where is heaven??
Old 01-14-2001, 08:38 PM   #46
Jon the Hell Caster

Does anyone want me to improve the in game dragons? Also here is the stats of Zeus's avatar
Zeus’ Avatar (fighter 20)
Zeus’ avatar usually appears as a robust man with a full white beard and a regal bearing. However, the avatar has also been known to appear as a swan, a bull, a cloud, and in many other forms.

Str 22 Dex 18 Con 18
Int 18 Wis 18 Cha 18
MV 18 SZ 7’ MR 30%
AC -2 HD 20 HP 160
#AT 2 THAC0 1 Dmg ld8 +9 (spear) + 10

Special Att/Def: The avatar of Zeus can only be hit by magical weapons. When his blood spills on the ground, it forms a 6 HD monster of the DM’s choice, that is under the avatar’s control. Once per round, he can throw a lightning bolt spell that does 4d10 damage.

Old 01-14-2001, 10:05 PM   #47
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Don't forget Asmodeus, ruler of the Ninth Plane of Hell, who could easily give Demogorgon or Orcus a run for their money!
Old 01-15-2001, 01:54 AM   #48
Tobbin
Red Dragon

There are Gods of Law that you can fight too, I can't remember them off the top of my head though. They are in the Deities & Demigods books. Plus, you can find their avatars and angels. Trias was an example that they had, but I think they made him way too weak. Oh well. I'd much prefer to stay on the material plane though. Every once in awhile it would be good to travel along the other planes, but I wouldn't want to war on them. If you kill a demon or devil, it's said that your name gets whispered across that plane. Then, if you ever meet anything else from that plane, they will attack you on sight.
Old 01-15-2001, 02:13 AM   #49
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Well, on the side of good you have the Celestials, like Solars and such. They're pretty damn tough but i think there are less of them. Then you're starting to get into demigod regions.

Only thing really holding the tanar'ri and the baatezu back is the Blood War, if not for that they would've taken over everything long ago.
Old 01-16-2001, 12:52 AM   #50
Haigen

The tarrasque is by far the strongest critter in ADnD.

This is proven by the fact the you must wish the creature dead after reducing it to -30 hps.
If you read up on wishes, actually wishing for the death of something can have dire consequences, usually to you. IIRC, some DRAGON magazine ecology article stated that this is why the gods have never been able to kill off the tarrasque, they just move it from place to place.