Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 12-01-2001, 01:17 PM   #1
Subotai
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hail and well met fellows,

I've travelled the Forgotten Realms RPGs via a rather circuitous route; I started with Icewind Dale, went on to Heart of Winter, and then went back to Baldur's Gate, and have just finished giving Sarevok the bad news.

So now it's on to Shadows of Amn...Just one query. Should I bother getting the deluxe boxed set, with t-shirt and all? Is it worth it? Or is the 'plain' boxed set OK?

Best,

Subotai, thief and archer
Old 12-01-2001, 01:21 PM   #2
Nomis Gethal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

From what I read in the Versus Books, the Special Edition BG2 was sold for a limited time a while back, the only difference between it and the 'normal' one being a couple of bonus merchants selling some unique gear for bucko bucks.
Nomis Gethal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 02:29 PM   #3
Campino

That's right Nomis,and welcome to the forum.But the items the 2 bonus merchants sell,are awesome!!

If you want to download them,go to www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_editors2.htm
Old 12-01-2001, 02:44 PM   #4
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Yeah, I think you have to get them to get Vecna's Robe, which Dundee is always wearing. I'm soooo jealous.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 02:50 PM   #5
Campino

That's true Galadria.Except for the CluaConsolecheat (and perhaps shadowkeeper,don't know),that's the only way.The robe of Vecna is IMO the best robe in the game.
Old 12-01-2001, 11:16 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Galadria:
Yeah, I think you have to get them to get Vecna's Robe, which Dundee is always wearing. I'm soooo jealous.

Everybody can have the bonus merchants, you can get them from Balderdash as well.

Click here
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote