Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2005, 07:17 AM   #1
Qiote
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I currently have 6 Wizards............several have gone the Samauri, Paladin, and so on way........they have the Axe skill and other related fighting skills to at least level 6 or 7.......but I cannot use the Picks or any item that will allow me to get the Dragon Ore......I am in the lava room....found the ore, but no one can pick it up.......

Keeps telling me " something is needed" I thought once you aquired a skill you were able to use it whatever character you had changed to..

Finally giving up on picking up the ore, I went to steal it from the King...My Rouge, Samauri, Paladin, Wizard, got all kinds of stuff from him..swords, amulets, the treasure room key and so on, but NO ORE..........I thought he was supposed to have some...........I didn't kill him...just pickpocketed him.....

Why can't I use the picks, even with the skill to use it, and where is the darn ore the King is supposed to carry.....AND why can't I pick it up.......thanks
Qiote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 08:17 AM   #2
jsalsb
Elminster

Hi There!

Did you try *using* the Pick, or were you *equiping* it and trying to attack the sand piles? Don't equip it (therefore, no skill required), simply click the "use" option, scroll through till you get to the pick, then click on the sand pile. You'll have to try many piles till you find the ore!

Also, I don't think the king has any ore for you to steal. But, you can steel the actual finished dragon armour from him.

Good luck!

[edit /* you can steal the ore back once you've given him some! */]

[ 04-30-2005, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: jsalsb ]
Old 04-30-2005, 09:53 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Qiote!!!

Jon's given you the correct answer. If you haven't USEd an item before - the menu for that is in the middle of the left hand frame on the game screen. Make sure you have the character with the pick selected as your lead character, click on USE and scroll through his items in the use frame until you find the pick. Hope this doesn't give you as much trouble as I had when I first tried to use something! lol!!

If you decide to try to steal the dragon ore back from the king once you have given him the ore - SAVE FIRST!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 10:28 AM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

He only has dragon ore if you have already given him some. Otherwise ou have to steal his treasury key. Then you will in his treasury find the dragon armour which he would have made for you out of the ore if you had taken it.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:44 AM   #5
jsalsb
Elminster

doesn't the king also sometimes carry a set of dragon armour around with him in his back pocket? I seem to remember gettig a set off him - although you are right about it also being in the treasury.
Old 04-30-2005, 01:04 PM   #6
dragon2005
The Magister

in the king room there is a secret key hole , you will need the king key to open it' there you will find the dragon armer.
and i see that you maneged to find the missen idel that you posted in your last post.
write pleas how did you done that if you can
dragon2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 10:06 PM   #7
Qiote
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have tried USING.....GIVING.......AND FINALLY EQUIPPING...........
no luck...............when I try using..it shows up in the use/give window but nothing happens....................when I try the "give" option, it does not show up, only potions, scrolls and so on.................
and it cannot be equipped................I tried "using" pick, sledge hammer and so on..........but it does not work...................

Having already tried all of the above, I hoped I was missing something.........oh well............
Old 04-30-2005, 10:11 PM   #8
Qiote
Elite Waterdeep Guard

TO DRAGON 2005......I didn't get the idol back........I just started a previously saved game.......since I save so often..it was no big deal.................some folks have the savy to tweak things and go into files to fix stuff for bugs and mistakes.........I don't have the savy, so I just save a lot and keep my fingers crossed.........good luck...........
Old 04-30-2005, 10:55 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Perhaps this is too complex... once you've USED a pickaxe on the ore pile containing the dragon ore, all you need to do is to click on the ?silvery metal? to pick it up. You don't need to use, give, equip, or anything else.

You *DO* need to have space in your inventory, so make sure you've got one square available. You may also need to be close enough to pick it up.

Once it's in your inventory, then give it to Freyedies. Wait for him to finish his speech (VERY important!!!) and run down to the room just before the trolleys. Run back, and he will have completed your dragon armor.

If you don't wait for him to finish, he will never start your dragon armor.... and you'll never get it unless you steal the ore back.

If that doesn't cover it, post back with more details about exactly what you're doing and where you are.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 12:20 AM   #10
Griefmaker
The Magister

Of course killing all of the stouts and raiding their hole is the best way, IMO, to get the dragon armour, and a whole pile of treasure.

Stupid stouts...

(yes I am bitter with them. Ever since I had the problem Bungleau mentioned about waiting for the king to finish his speech in order to get the armour. It ticked me off so much that I usually end up slaughtering the stouts each game now. I really am mean sometimes...but usually I am as sweet as sugar on strawberries--just ask my wife [img]smile.gif[/img] )