Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2004, 09:43 AM   #1
Dancing Virginia
The Magister

I spent about an hour and a half trying to get past that first battle on Dragon's Eye Lvl 3 over the weekend. Then two nights ago I had a dream that I couldn't finish the game because I had the difficulty set on Heart of Fury. Yesterday I went back and checked my settings. Wouldn't you know it? The slider was all the way to the right. I adjusted it back to normal and completely wasted the level in one try without losing a single one of my girls. Wow, do I feel ridiculous.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:31 AM   #2
Calagari
Manshoon

you shouldn't feel bad about this look at all the extra points you received by having it all the way to the right.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dancing Virginia:
I spent about an hour and a half trying to get past that first battle on Dragon's Eye Lvl 3 over the weekend. Then two nights ago I had a dream that I couldn't finish the game because I had the difficulty set on Heart of Fury. Yesterday I went back and checked my settings. Wouldn't you know it? The slider was all the way to the right. I adjusted it back to normal and completely wasted the level in one try without losing a single one of my girls. Wow, do I feel ridiculous.
Calagari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 12:23 PM   #3
NobleNick
Quintesson

Quote:
I spent about an hour and a half trying to get past that first battle on Dragon's Eye Lvl 3 over the weekend... Wow, do I feel ridiculous.
Cary,

I feel ridiculous when I take that long to do a battle and find out the setting WAS on Normal!

Congrats on finishing the level. I would say that this is a great level to go back and camp to get more XP; but you probably already have plenty! Do you think you've had the difficultly cranked up from the start?

You must have changed it by accident, since the normal setting is, well, Normal. Maybe you knew this subconsciously. It is amazing what our brains will do when left alone for a bit.

Your Fighters were all CLVL 6 upon entering DE3; and I'll guess that your Bard was almost CLVL 7. I am interested in how much XP your party members have now, and at the very end of DE.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!

[ 11-23-2004, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 01:18 PM   #4
Dancing Virginia
The Magister

Nick,

No, it wasn't on Heart of Fury the entire time. After the fact, I distinctly remembered sliding the difficulty up to max so I could rest and kill lizard men. I just forgot to readjust when I started DE3. Though you are right...DE3 is going to be *perfect* for the sleep-fight-levelup tactic. I'm sure to get some gaming done over the long weekend.

Cary
Old 11-23-2004, 11:44 PM   #5
Aerich
Lord Ao

The slider all the way to the right means that it's Insane, not HoF. Still hard enough - it adds monsters, in addition to doubling the damage that they do. May even bump their HP and saves, I'm not sure. At any rate, hurts your characters' durability just a little.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:35 PM   #6
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Heart of Fury does the following:
HoF monster hp = (4 * normal hp) + 80
HoF monster xp = (4 * normal xp) + 2000

But I'm not sure how much it increases the damage; needless to say, being hit hurts.

Even if you're in HoF mode, don't let your mages ignore Chromatic Orb. I have a screen shot where my mage killed Yxunomei herself with the Orb. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 10:04 PM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Not to scare you, DVirginia, but you were not experiencing HoF mode.

To set the game to HoF mode, you need to enter the IWD configuration screen from the Windows' Start menu and tick the radio box. It was done this way so that people would not accidentally set it to HoF mode.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 10:09 PM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
Heart of Fury does the following:
HoF monster hp = (4 * normal hp) + 80
HoF monster xp = (4 * normal xp) + 2000

But I'm not sure how much it increases the damage; needless to say, being hit hurts.
Damage * 4

Quote:
Even if you're in HoF mode, don't let your mages ignore Chromatic Orb. I have a screen shot where my mage killed Yxunomei herself with the Orb. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]
Chromatic Orb is a keeper spell in IWD.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote