Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 11-14-2004, 12:00 AM   #1
BEES
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hiya all.
I first heard about trials of the luremaster here so I want to thank you for telling me about it
BUT
i can't seem to get it. I've been told its a free add on but if I go to a site like game spot I can't download the game without signing up to their site and being bombarded with junk. (apoligizes to anyone who work there)

Can anyone tell me where I can get it please

as a side note I have dial up so it will be slow goings!!

Thanks all
Old 11-14-2004, 12:39 AM   #2
Aerich
Lord Ao

You can get it from fileplanet.

I know it's a pain signing up, but if you go for the basic membership it is free. Make sure you untick all the boxes at the bottom that will send gaming info to your email. I use an email address that I don't check often, just in case they want to send me a bunch of... stuff, but they haven't.

If you don't want to get it through fileplanet, you can get it through download.com, as I did. It calls ToTL a "patch", but it is the full expansion and not a mere patch. No signing up required.
Old 11-14-2004, 04:54 AM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

but IMO the very very best place to get it from is Kazaa, if you're using it... that's where I got mine from.
Old 11-14-2004, 07:52 AM   #4
Calagari
Manshoon

The Sorceror's place has all the files without having to sign up for anything. Here is the link.

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/IWD/index_misc.php

Quote:
Originally posted by BEES:
Hiya all.
I first heard about trials of the luremaster here so I want to thank you for telling me about it
BUT
i can't seem to get it. I've been told its a free add on but if I go to a site like game spot I can't download the game without signing up to their site and being bombarded with junk. (apoligizes to anyone who work there)

Can anyone tell me where I can get it please

as a side note I have dial up so it will be slow goings!!

Thanks all
Calagari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 08:12 AM   #5
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Calagari:
The Sorceror's place has all the files without having to sign up for anything. Here is the link.

Yes but that's just a link to fileplanet which Aerich gave and you have to sign up for that.
Old 11-14-2004, 02:16 PM   #6
Calagari
Manshoon

Ooops Sorry Aerich I never tried the link I only saw it posted on that website.

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
quote:
Originally posted by Calagari:

Yes but that's just a link to fileplanet which Aerich gave and you have to sign up for that. [/QUOTE]
Calagari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 01:28 AM   #7
BEES
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks all
I try file planet and game spot first (googled) but they both would not let me download it. I signed up and acitvated and jumped through small flamming hoops or whatever they required but they diddn't let me download so I was wondering if there was a site from black isle or bioware that would have it.

Thank you to aldrich I will try download.com

and sorry but i don't have kazza I have something similar (limeware) but people tend to go away when you have dial up
Old 11-15-2004, 03:38 AM   #8
Aerich
Lord Ao

Sadly, there is no official bioware or black isle site anymore. The company hit the skids a while back.

I got my copy of TotL off download.com a while back with no problems.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:37 AM   #9
Otto
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Aerich:
Sadly, there is no official bioware or black isle site anymore. The company hit the skids a while back.

I got my copy of TotL off download.com a while back with no problems.
Although IWD and the BG series employ the same Infinity game engine, they are made by two separate companies. Black Isle Studios, which made IWD is no longer, however Bioware, which made BG and NWN is doing just fine and is now working on BG3. You can check out the updates at www.bioware.com.
Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 11:56 AM   #10
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by BEES:
Thanks all
I try file planet and game spot first (googled) but they both would not let me download it. I signed up and acitvated and jumped through small flamming hoops or whatever they required but they diddn't let me download so I was wondering if there was a site from black isle or bioware that would have it.

Thank you to aldrich I will try download.com

and sorry but i don't have kazza I have something similar (limeware) but people tend to go away when you have dial up
I used the fileplanet site to download my copy of TOTLM as well. The registration process was relatively painless and has NOT resulted in ANY spam from them to my account. The download was relatively fast (for a file that size) and I didn't have any trouble at all. If you still can't find it for download, you might try asking if someone will burn you a copy on a cd and mail it to you. I'm sure there are some kind souls down-under who would help you out. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote