Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 11-22-2004, 10:15 PM   #1
spydar

SPOILER REQUESTED>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

K, so I done been wandering around the Severed Hand (which I can't decide if I hate more than I hate the Dragon's Eye) and I can't find the bag of holding. I know it's supposed to be on the 2nd floor, around where you run into the goblin trainer. but I wasn't paying attention when I killed the guy, and it has been several sleeps since I killed him, and now I can't find it. am I SOL? or is there a way to get it still?
Old 11-23-2004, 12:29 AM   #2
NobleNick
Quintesson

Spydar,

~

SPOILER

~

~

~

~

You do realize, I hope, that the Bag of Holding you are searching for is not a normal Bag of Holding; but is, rather, a Jester's Bag of Holding? You can not use this bag to store stuff.

1.) The bag is found on the NPC you mentioned.

2.) IIRC, only if you have HoW installed.

3.) I remeber having trouble finding this item, and I knew it was there. It is very dark in that area. Stand near the corpse and also near the alcove from which he came. Then use HoW's highlight key (Alt) to make treasure stand out like a neon sign.

4.) My guess is that you have passed it several times, and that the techique in 3.), above, will get it for you. However, the bag is not quest-critical, so will eventually disappear. If it has been a while, and you really want this article (good for a laugh or two, and maybe an occasional useful item); then save game, reload, and fight the dude again.

~

END SPOILER

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 12:47 AM   #3
Aerich
Lord Ao

SPOILER
It is for sure on the goblin trainer. If it's been a few sleeps since you killed him, it probably will not be still on the floor. OTOH, it's not a big loss. I actually never pick it up, because it's not worth anything and wastes an inventory slot.

It's not a proper bag of holding, and it will not work as such. IIRC, the only real bags of holding are in ToTL. One that you can buy from Hobart and one as loot from Criek. Can't remember for sure, but I think so. There isn't a real bag of holding in the main game of IWD.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:01 AM   #4
Calagari
Manshoon

Spoiler? maybe
~
~
~
~

No need to fret over not finding this item. I dropped mine shortly after finding it. What comes out of it is not worth the inventory slot like Aerich stated.

Quote:
Originally posted by spydar:
SPOILER REQUESTED>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

K, so I done been wandering around the Severed Hand (which I can't decide if I hate more than I hate the Dragon's Eye) and I can't find the bag of holding. I know it's supposed to be on the 2nd floor, around where you run into the goblin trainer. but I wasn't paying attention when I killed the guy, and it has been several sleeps since I killed him, and now I can't find it. am I SOL? or is there a way to get it still?
Calagari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 01:29 AM   #5
spydar

aaaahhh, yes. now why did I think it was an actual bag of holding? thanx people