Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-15-2004, 04:47 AM   #1
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

I woke up this morning, with red itchy spots everywhere. Doctot said i have chiken pox, and i have nothing better to do than do moan to you guys. GOD they itch and aarrgghh they aannnnooyy me! Sorry for the moping, but i have nothing better to do atm.
Old 12-15-2004, 04:48 AM   #2
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

That sucks... Get well soon.

[ 12-15-2004, 04:48 AM: Message edited by: Callum ]
Old 12-15-2004, 05:03 AM   #3
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'm going back to see just about how long it's going to last...hopefully until school's out for christmas, or atleast until friday...
Old 12-15-2004, 05:05 AM   #4
Calagari
Manshoon

Whatever you do DON'T SCRATCH THE SPOTS ON YOUR FACE! Put lotion on them or something but don't scratch them. They may pock up and look real ugly on your face if you do. Get well soon in time for the holidays.

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGodThatFailed:
I woke up this morning, with red itchy spots everywhere. Doctot said i have chiken pox, and i have nothing better to do than do moan to you guys. GOD they itch and aarrgghh they aannnnooyy me! Sorry for the moping, but i have nothing better to do atm.
[ 12-15-2004, 05:06 AM: Message edited by: Calagari ]
Old 12-15-2004, 05:10 AM   #5
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

The real b[cencored]s are the ones on the back of my head, they itch like HELL, 5 times worse than others say on my face or back. Have any of you had chiken pox, who knows my pain?

I found that pouring cold water on the ones on the back of my head stops the itching for a while. I don't know if that's a good idea or not, but if it solves this ubearable HELL for me, i'll take it...

[ 12-15-2004, 05:15 AM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]
Old 12-15-2004, 05:34 AM   #6
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Damn, sorry to hear that, the chicken pox suck, but remember, you generally only get them once!
So scratch like hell and enjoy it while you can!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Or not
Old 12-15-2004, 06:01 AM   #7
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hehe, i AM scrathcing the ones on the back of my head like hell. Remember, if you scratch, they leave marks, but you can't see the marks if they're covered by my hair [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2004, 07:58 AM   #8
Sigmar
Unicorn

I got Chicken pox on the day of my GCSE results...couldn't go out and paaartay!

You're in the best stage of the "experience" right now. Pretty soon you're gonna look like a zombie, red, angry spots EVERYWHERE (I can't emphasise that enough [img]graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img] ).

Than the scabs will form, it is REALLY important that you don't touch, or remove these otherwise you will get scars, like I have on my face. They'll fall off on their own accord...eventually.

Be strong!

[ 12-15-2004, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Old 12-15-2004, 08:01 AM   #9
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Although, i don't have to go back to shcool until after christmas, now. So, i get an extra week. Yay. Just a shame it's a week on unbearable itchy hell, but i wonder how many bg2 characters i can finesh...I have like 6 started...

[ 12-15-2004, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]
Old 12-15-2004, 08:33 AM   #10
Lady Sedai
Banned User

Get some hydrocortisone cream to put on the bumps, hon.

I know calamine lotion used to be the thing, but it never did ANYthing for *me* when I had them as a kid. But hydrocortisone *might* help.

And yes, be careful about scratching them and ESPECIALLY about picking scabs, etc. anywhere you don't want scars.

As to the cold water trick...hey, it can't hurt, so if it works I'd do it. [img]smile.gif[/img] Now *hot* water might not be a good idea, but I don't see how cold water can be a problem. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Just sorry to hear you are miserable. *Hug*