Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-05-2001, 08:43 PM   #1
BladeMaster

What item do you need to open the secret door after you leave the Beholder Lair. I can not get out of the lair from the way I came throught the Ghoul Town. I do not know if this has been posted before by someone else but I did not feel like looking through a 131 pages of threads.

------------------

Taste My Steel- BladeMaster

[This message has been edited by BladeMaster (edited 05-05-2001).]

Old 05-05-2001, 09:12 PM   #2
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

If u are talking about the door that leads back onto the tunnel which leads to the room with the coffin, then u gotta walk right up to it with the player character to open it. Other members of the party cannot open it.
Old 05-05-2001, 09:22 PM   #3
BladeMaster

I did try and open it with my main character

------------------

Old 05-05-2001, 09:28 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by BladeMaster:
What item do you need to open the secret door after you leave the Beholder Lair. I can not get out of the lair from the way I came throught the Ghoul Town. I do not know if this has been posted before by someone else but I did not feel like looking through a 131 pages of threads.

Have you finished the Unseen Eye quest yet? (i.e. kill the Blind Beholder)
The door should automatically unlock once the beholder is dead.
If all else fails, enable cheat in the game and [ctrl] + [J] your party to the other side of the wall. (i.e. select all party members, place mouse cursor on the other side of the locked door, and press [ctrl] AND [J].

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-05-2001, 10:20 PM   #5
BladeMaster

Yes I did kill the Blind Beholder. Now I want out of the Lair

------------------

Old 05-05-2001, 11:03 PM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Yes I did kill the Blind Beholder. Now I want out of the Lair

Like I said before, if you are really stuck, [ctrl] + [J] will allow you to continue onward.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-06-2001, 12:43 AM   #7
Greadius
The Magister

I think they're misunderstanding where you are.

If you are IN the beholder lair with the red background/live looking you can't exit again through the undead path, that is one way. There are two entrances to the beholder lair, you can only get out through the exit at the bottom of the lair in the middle. There is nothing denoting there is an exit there so it can be easy to miss.
The door itself should open automatically from that one side only. If that isn't working, need to use the cheat to jump, it must be a bug in the game.
Old 05-06-2001, 12:53 AM   #8
BladeMaster

The exit is marked on your map. I have played this game to completion 7 times and this has never happened before so it can not be a bug. I have used the same computer every time so it can not be because of the computer

------------------

Old 05-06-2001, 04:17 AM   #9
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
The exit is marked on your map. I have played this game to completion 7 times and this has never happened before so it can not be a bug. I have used the same computer every time so it can not be because of the computer

The game is being overworked and underpayed and has gone on strike.

------------------
Meet my lawyer.