Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2001, 10:41 AM   #1
Galadriel
Dungeon Master

Spoiler
all i did was have two sword spiders, 2 skeletal knights and arial servant and keldorn and minsc all with haste hack that lich down, the stoneskin disappeared so fast it was funny. I just took out the other guys at my leisure.

btw sword spiders with haste are beastly.
Old 10-11-2001, 11:02 AM   #2
Caine
Elminster

Sounds like good tactics but what level were Keldorn and Minsc,good job in doing the twisted rune stage I heard it was damn hard.
Old 10-11-2001, 11:06 AM   #3
tusitha

Thats what you call strategy.

The Twisted Rune was the hardest battle in SOA in my opinion.... even harder than the finale. One Lich, one Level 20+ Mage, an Assasin, a Beholder (or Hive mother, not sure).....am I forgetting someone? Anyway it was a HARD battle that had me thinking for a while and one not easy to retreat since there was no clear exit until you kill the Rune members.

Anyways, onya mate, good work.

Old 10-11-2001, 12:45 PM   #4
hagimihale
Manshoon

Also add a vampire and the demon that gets gated in.. this was a hard battle for me. Had to reload a few times. Minsc with Daystar, Keldorn with Carsomyr, Anomen with a Simulacrum clone (helm from bonus merchant) and my sorcerer PC with another Simulacrum clone (found a scoll) finally beat the room. Jaheira and Jan joined me in the back casting every spell we could. Minsc died during the battle but a Rod of Resurrection brought him back. Keldorn was the MVP here... One of the toughest battles I've encountered.
Old 10-11-2001, 01:55 PM   #5
Haladar
Dungeon Master

I didnt find it that hard, but then with carsomyr, ring of gaxx, and kaligun's amulet i had 70% magic resistance. Add to that being a cavalier (bye bye pit fiend) and negative plane protection from a spell. I was pretty much invulnerable to all damage.

---------------
Haladar
Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
Guardian of The Holy Temple of Aerie
Old 10-11-2001, 03:10 PM   #6
Kazil
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OHHyeah, the twisted rune, i summonned some arial servants cat haste and slayed the whole buch after a couple of loads ofcourse

IT IS ONE THE HARDEST BATTLES IN BG2.