Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-21-2001, 11:24 PM   #51
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Steppenwolf:
It is perfectly possible to kill Firkraag at 8th or 9th level without losing a single hit point, or resorting to "cheat" strategies. It just takes careful planning and exucution. You will need a Fighter, a Mage, and a few items easily bought or stolen:

1. Potion of Storm Giant Strength (From Roger the Fence - go to Temple Sewers)
2. Potion of Heroism (Roger)
3. Potion of Insight (Roger)
4. Limited Wish scroll (Adventurer's Mart. Do not write it in your Mage's spellbook - put it in his Quick Item slot))
5. Haste scroll (Ditto)

Get your characters close to Firkraag (while he's neutral). Have your Fighter drink the potions of Storm Giant Strength, Heroism and Insight. Use Draw Upon Holy Might to boost his Strength to 25.

Have your Mage cast Haste upon your Fighter. Next, have your Mage use the Limited Wish scroll. Quickly move him away from the materializing Genie and have your Fighter speak to it in his place. The Genie will ask if he desires a one-time wish or a repeatable wish. Choose the one-time wish and then for the power to control Time. The Genie will cast Time Stop, allowing your Fighter to attack Firkraag with impunity for the next 5 rounds.

At 3 attacks per round, +7 to hit and +14 damage with your most proficient weapon, each attack will incur an average of 20 points.

I've tested this strategy four times now, and only once did my Fighter fail to slay Firkraag before the spell expires, and even by then he was Near Death. 'Still ate my party, though. I hate that dragon.

of course it is possible. I did it myself, but not your way. though it is pretty good idea. my posts was directed to "him" about his strategy.

then again, use time stop to beat Firakaag is not really what we want here. we are talking about confronting him.

and accord, BUAHAHAHAHAHA!

Old 03-27-2001, 07:16 PM   #52
Corinthian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Allright dude,
I'm putting everything on hold and restarting my game.Same character, same stats and I will run into Firkraag on level 10 and see if I can beat him again.
Also, to further clarify matters,,I told you I returned at level 10.
Therefore, I think Aerie,Jan?, had breach so stoneskin was not a problem.
Further, I had bought Frostreaver+3 from Bernard at that time as I had found the first couple of times that the dragonslayer sword is not all its billed to be.I also cast holy smite a couple of times and I bought arrows of piercing(or found them)..I cant recollect where I got lower resistancce from.Why is that so unbelievable???
Anyway I will be back in a week or so(I do have other things to do).BTW, I dont know it may make difference, but I am playing on a copy of a copy of BG2.So far I have encountered only 1 recognisable glitch, that is, there was no equalizer component in the underdark in the beholder dungeon where there is supposed to be one.If I do do it again the second time around, and furnish you with detailed schematics..and you still find it unbelievabe(you seem the technical whiz after all)...the explanation may lie in that.I hope not.Anyway, later.