Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2002, 02:17 AM   #41
Alexander
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
hey you wanna talk racism take a look at your part of the country bub.you have far more hate crimes commited in other parts of the country than you do down here.of course everything you know about the south you learned by watching tv.
you seem to have trouble grasping the concept of humor.i might not care too much for my ex but it doesn't REALLY affect the way i see northerners.hell,i think her family's wonderful.
Gee, I'm sorry if I can't grasp humor when you both make a somewhat biting apology for not paying attention to where I came from AND insulted my region of the country in the same breadth - and didn't do anything to indicate that you could have been simply making a joke.

Now, of course, you have to twist my words. I said IF all Southerners are as judgmental as you appeared to be, THEN I would see where racism came from.

You assume, of course, that I have never even been down South, when in fact I lived there for many years (South Carolina and Georgia), and still own a house down there.
Old 04-20-2002, 02:33 AM   #42
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

Quote:
I never said Gore was a genius - but he's smarter than Bush, of course. Bush is just a spoiled rich kid who got C's and D's in high school but was accepted to Yale just because his daddy went there (and he got similar grades there, too). He has never done anything productive or useful with his life, and his greatest accomplishment is that he is no longer an obnoxious alcoholic.
and just anyone can fly a fighter?please!you have to know your math and have a very good understanding of physics to fly one.oh look,you forgot to mention his mba from harvard.nothing productive?he's owned his own business,was one of the owners of the texas rangers,and was governor of the largest state.all this he did on his own.
what has gore done?lets see....he dropped out of college,his daddy got him out of the army,he dropped out of divinity school,he was a reporter at a small paper in tennessee.oh yeah,he served in the house and senate.he's never had a job where you have to show results.but what do you expect from a pot head?see,you don't have to list gores accomplishments,i know about them.
Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
but as for most votes,thats a matter of conjecture.you know what the dems say:vote early and vote often.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yup, those crazy Democrats, they went and stole another idea from the Republicans.

Where do you come up with this nonsense?
maybe it came from richard daley?you know the corrupt chicago mayor who had the cops beat up on those hippies at the dem convention in 68.he's the mayor famous for getting the cemetary vote out.or maybe it was mayor tweed,the equally corrupt mayor of new york.the republicans tend to be rather law abiding.
Quote:
Oh, please, everyone flip-flops on their viewpoints. Even Bush did in recent months. "Killing Osama bin Laden is our highest priority" was his tagline back in September, and now it's "Maybe we don't need to get Osama bin Laden after all". You make it seem like most politicians never do it. It's to be expected, sadly enough. Those who are honest and stick to their guns (can anyone say "Mondale"?) always lose.
on that you are right.objectives in war can change but that's not anything new.but abortion is one of those things that people just don't change at the drop of a hat.at least not going from pro-life to pro-choice.and mondale lost because the people did not want his policies implemented.the same for dukakis.and maybe because they also found them deathly dull.

[ 04-20-2002, 02:39 AM: Message edited by: khazadman ]
Old 04-20-2002, 08:07 AM   #43
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:
Originally posted by lord_gabriel:
...well i guess 'soviet way of helping out countries' is a lot better than nowadays US-American active Expansionism isn't it..? I hope that soon all European countries will realize that the USA is currently led by a complete maniac and act accordingly.
That actually made me laugh [img]smile.gif[/img] thanks I needed a good chuckle [img]smile.gif[/img]

I am actually quite happy that now that europe has started pulling together into the EU the USA can quit bothering to send all those tens of billions your way in aid for every little disaster that strikes [img]smile.gif[/img] YOu all can pull together and maybe be as successful as the USA. I can see it now..the United States of Europe.... well eventually.
[/QUOTE]the united states of europe ???? that's just a hot air balloon and
soon there will be no air left in it. there is just too much rivalry
amongst them and no trust either. I just hate the idea that one day
i would walk up to a frenchman and say to him: Hi fellow countryman
Old 04-20-2002, 08:33 AM   #44
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
Like many theories, communism looked good on paper but flopped miserably in practice. You cannot dictate that people willingly not strive to advance economically; people are too self-oriented to blindly follow "from each according to his ability; to each according to his need". Most people are just not that selfless.
A western scientist once said: "Democratie isn't perfect, but at least we don't need a wall to keep our people in".
Old 04-22-2002, 01:01 AM   #45
Alexander
Drow Warrior

Quote:
quote:
I never said Gore was a genius - but he's smarter than Bush, of course. Bush is just a spoiled rich kid who got C's and D's in high school but was accepted to Yale just because his daddy went there (and he got similar grades there, too). He has never done anything productive or useful with his life, and his greatest accomplishment is that he is no longer an obnoxious alcoholic.
and just anyone can fly a fighter?please!you have to know your math and have a very good understanding of physics to fly one.[/QUOTE]Anyone with the right training can fly a fighter, yes. It's not rocket science.

Quote:
oh look,you forgot to mention his mba from harvard.
Yeah, I did, didn't I? Maybe because he should never have been there in the first place, what with his poor grades in high school (and at Yale). Most people who get straight A's can't even dream of going to Yale, yet this loser gets C's all through high school, and in he goes.

Quote:
nothing productive?he's owned his own business,
Which failed miserably. Incidentally, it was something his daddy set him up with.

Quote:
was one of the owners of the texas rangers,
Which also failed, if I recall.

Quote:
and was governor of the largest state.
Right - he rode his daddy's big name straight through to the governorship. And he didn't do such a hot job while he was governor, either. (By the way, 2nd largest state - after California).

Quote:
all this he did on his own.
If his name was George Walker, his candidacy for the presidency would've been an absolute joke.

Quote:
what has gore done?lets see....he dropped out of college,his daddy got him out of the army,
Yeah, but at least he went to Vietnam, unlike a certain somebody who joined the Air National Guard to avoid being drafted...

Quote:
he dropped out of divinity school,he was a reporter at a small paper in tennessee.oh yeah,he served in the house and senate.he's never had a job where you have to show results.
Oh, excuse me. I wasn't aware that neither congressmen nor senators ever have to show results. See, I thought, in my total ignorance, that congressmen and senators voted on bills, debated bills, and investigated the other branches (not to mention dozens of other duties). I wasn't aware that their jobs were totally useless.

Quote:
but what do you expect from a pot head?
Why do you call him a "pot head" when Dubya was a bumbling drunk and a cocaine addict?

Quote:
see,you don't have to list gores accomplishments,i know about them.
Yeah - where on earth do you go for your information, the RNC?

Quote:
quote:
but as for most votes,thats a matter of conjecture.you know what the dems say:vote early and vote often.

Yup, those crazy Democrats, they went and stole another idea from the Republicans.

maybe it came from richard daley?you know the corrupt chicago mayor who had the cops beat up on those hippies at the dem convention in 68.he's the mayor famous for getting the cemetary vote out.or maybe it was mayor tweed,the equally corrupt mayor of new york.the republicans tend to be rather law abiding.[/quote]

What on earth does this have to do with anything?? Daley has not been the mayor for years - and even in the 1960 election, the Kennedy/Johnson ticket would've won without Illinois. This is not the 1960's, despite what you may think.

By the way, tell all them black folks in Florida that the Republicans are all law-abiding. The same black folks who were denied the right to vote (probably for Gore) for mysterious reasons. Or do they not matter to you?

Quote:
Oh, please, everyone flip-flops on their viewpoints. Even Bush did in recent months. "Killing Osama bin Laden is our highest priority" was his tagline back in September, and now it's "Maybe we don't need to get Osama bin Laden after all". You make it seem like most politicians never do it. It's to be expected, sadly enough. Those who are honest and stick to their guns (can anyone say "Mondale"?) always lose.
on that you are right.objectives in war can change but that's not anything new.but abortion is one of those things that people just don't change at the drop of a hat.at least not going from pro-life to pro-choice.[/quote]

Well, Gore's flip-flop over the years was nothing compared to Bush's utter hypocrisy - he funded a woman's illegal abortion in the 1960s, and now he is totally against it.

Quote:
and mondale lost because the people did not want his policies implemented.the same for dukakis.and maybe because they also found them deathly dull.
Mondale could've lied, or flip-flopped, or whatever. However, he was so honest that he told people he would raise their taxes. Reagan, of course, never told anyone he would raise their taxes, so the public voted for Reagan, even though he ended up raising taxes more than Mondale proposed.

Mondale also lost because of Reagan's immense popularity - even though the man was a dolt and had no idea what the hell he was talking about, people still liked him, so he came out on top.
Old 04-22-2002, 04:29 AM   #46
lord_gabriel
Manshoon

...btw, someone speaking seriously of an 'axis of evil' (although i dont know if her used exactly these words i merely tranlated them) has to be a little out of his mind...
...a few words to USA's morality : the USA will only act, if there is an economic advantage to gain. So far the USA NEVER acted out Morality. Noone conducts a multimillion $ operations just for being helpful, especially not the USA...
...Bush is after all a big joke, the leader of the worlds biggest democracy wasn't elected democratically... *muahaha*
...walk in the light..!<br /><br />Lord Gabriel<br /><br /> Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!<br />Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,<br />Ist wert, das es zugrunde geht;<br />Drum besser wär\'s, daß nichts entstünde. <br />So ist denn alles, was ihr Sünde,<br />Zerstörung, kurz das Böse nennt,<br />Mein eigentliches Element.
Old 04-22-2002, 12:51 PM   #47
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander:
quote:
quote:
and just anyone can fly a fighter?please!you have to know your math and have a very good understanding of physics to fly one.[/QUOTE]Anyone with the right training can fly a fighter, yes. It's not rocket science.

Quote:
Yeah, I did, didn't I? Maybe because he should never have been there in the first place, what with his poor grades in high school (and at Yale). Most people who get straight A's can't even dream of going to Yale, yet this loser gets C's all through high school, and in he goes.

Quote:
Which failed miserably. Incidentally, it was something his daddy set him up with.

Quote:

Quote:
Right - he rode his daddy's big name straight through to the governorship. And he didn't do such a hot job while he was governor, either. (By the way, 2nd largest state - after California).

Quote:
If his name was George Walker, his candidacy for the presidency would've been an absolute joke.

Quote:
what has gore done?lets see....he dropped out of college,his daddy got him out of the army,
Yeah, but at least he went to Vietnam, unlike a certain somebody who joined the Air National Guard to avoid being drafted...

Quote:
he dropped out of divinity school,he was a reporter at a small paper in tennessee.oh yeah,he served in the house and senate.he's never had a job where you have to show results.
Oh, excuse me. I wasn't aware that neither congressmen nor senators ever have to show results. See, I thought, in my total ignorance, that congressmen and senators voted on bills, debated bills, and investigated the other branches (not to mention dozens of other duties). I wasn't aware that their jobs were totally useless.

Quote:
Why do you call him a "pot head" when Dubya was a bumbling drunk and a cocaine addict?

Quote:

Quote:
quote:

maybe it came from richard daley?you know the corrupt chicago mayor who had the cops beat up on those hippies at the dem convention in 68.he's the mayor famous for getting the cemetary vote out.or maybe it was mayor tweed,the equally corrupt mayor of new york.the republicans tend to be rather law abiding.[/QUOTE]What on earth does this have to do with anything?? Daley has not been the mayor for years - and even in the 1960 election, the Kennedy/Johnson ticket would've won without Illinois. This is not the 1960's, despite what you may think.

By the way, tell all them black folks in Florida that the Republicans are all law-abiding. The same black folks who were denied the right to vote (probably for Gore) for mysterious reasons. Or do they not matter to you?

Quote:
on that you are right.objectives in war can change but that's not anything new.but abortion is one of those things that people just don't change at the drop of a hat.at least not going from pro-life to pro-choice.[/quote]

Well, Gore's flip-flop over the years was nothing compared to Bush's utter hypocrisy - he funded a woman's illegal abortion in the 1960s, and now he is totally against it.

Quote:
and mondale lost because the people did not want his policies implemented.the same for dukakis.and maybe because they also found them deathly dull.
Mondale could've lied, or flip-flopped, or whatever. However, he was so honest that he told people he would raise their taxes. Reagan, of course, never told anyone he would raise their taxes, so the public voted for Reagan, even though he ended up raising taxes more than Mondale proposed.

Mondale also lost because of Reagan's immense popularity - even though the man was a dolt and had no idea what the hell he was talking about, people still liked him, so he came out on top.
[/QUOTE]Whoa! This must be the longest quote *ever* on IW
Old 04-22-2002, 01:02 PM   #48
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
quote:
Originally posted by Alexander:
quote:
quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
quote:

maybe it came from richard daley?you know the corrupt chicago mayor who had the cops beat up on those hippies at the dem convention in 68.he's the mayor famous for getting the cemetary vote out.or maybe it was mayor tweed,the equally corrupt mayor of new york.the republicans tend to be rather law abiding.[/QUOTE]What on earth does this have to do with anything?? Daley has not been the mayor for years - and even in the 1960 election, the Kennedy/Johnson ticket would've won without Illinois. This is not the 1960's, despite what you may think.

Quote:
on that you are right.objectives in war can change but that's not anything new.but abortion is one of those things that people just don't change at the drop of a hat.at least not going from pro-life to pro-choice.[/QUOTE]Well, Gore's flip-flop over the years was nothing compared to Bush's utter hypocrisy - he funded a woman's illegal abortion in the 1960s, and now he is totally against it.

Quote:

[/QUOTE]Whoa! This must be the longest quote *ever* on IW
[/QUOTE]

As far as I can remember ...Reagan slashed taxes...it upset all kinds of democrats at the time, they called it Voodoo economics (his actual plan I believe was taken whole from John F. Kenedy's tax plan) I believe. The result of the accross the board cutting of taxes lead to all time highs in dollars collectd by the IRS due to the vast number of new and expanded business. When taxes did go up, they did not go up to their previous levels. So Im confused by your comments here.

As for being a "DOLT" he sure was an effective president. The Iran/Contra affair aside, he led to the defeat of the greatest enemy the US had ever known. All in all he did well, his terms were successful and people were better off after his terms than they were before.

The Budget deficits that resulted from the prosperity of the 80's were due to the democraticly controlled house and senate instituting more social spending and new social programs at an all time high rate. Basicly they saw the cash coming in, and spent it faster than it came in. Many people blame it on the defense buildup, but the defense build up only accounted for roughly 14% of the budget, the social wellfare programs that were initiated at the time accounted for far more.

Old 04-22-2002, 01:06 PM   #49
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by lord_gabriel:
...btw, someone speaking seriously of an 'axis of evil' (although i dont know if her used exactly these words i merely tranlated them) has to be a little out of his mind...
...a few words to USA's morality : the USA will only act, if there is an economic advantage to gain. So far the USA NEVER acted out Morality. Noone conducts a multimillion $ operations just for being helpful, especially not the USA...
...Bush is after all a big joke, the leader of the worlds biggest democracy wasn't elected democratically... *muahaha*
Says you.
I personally took place in several actions that were not done for the amount of dollars it would reap for the US, but to assit an ally because we believed in them and in their cause.

Ask any british sailor who was aboard ship involved in the Falklands campaign about aide received from the US military. The billions of dollars of food and clothing given to Disaster victims around the world with no price tag or repayment nesecary, or the thousands of people from the USA who volunteerr their time and their efforts to give aide around the world. You sir are not speaking from a position of knowledge and wisdom, you are speaking only from politicaly derived hate. Ok it may not be hate...it might just be naivete....but Im betting its just politicly slanted slander.

[ 04-22-2002, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 04-22-2002, 01:39 PM   #50
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

I love it! Nothing like a good political argument to get things bubbling in the cauldron. The arguments always sound the same. One person explains why his favorite boys bad points aren't really so bad, and why his good points are really good. Then they sling mud all over the other guys good points and emphasize the bad points. Then the ball goes into the other court and the other arguer does the same thing! It's great! The point is they are BOTH politicians, BOTH supporting their individual agendas, and BOTH sons of rich families. We ALL know that money talks and that's not just in the US. PRESTIGE AND MONEY are the sure things that get you into the big school names. Rich, prestigious families mean publicity and donations for a school. The rest of the available room is filled in by students who have high academic acheivement.

[ 04-22-2002, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Sir Kenyth ]