Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2006, 03:01 AM   #41
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

No, they made a great storyline, only the PRODUCERS cut the funds. No gamemaking with no funds aye, that's hardly Obsidian's fault.

Besides, the beauty of what the game was going to be is there. The whole mystery about kreia, the moral dilemma with the mandalorian wars, the problem of that Jedi woman (what's her name, something with an A), the depth of your teammates, and above all, the sheer amount of skill usage in dialogs and such.

[ 09-14-2006, 03:04 AM: Message edited by: JrKASperov ]
Old 09-14-2006, 05:43 AM   #42
wellard
Dracolisk

I understand that you have deep reservations about this coming game Z but would it be possible to have a dedicated forum ready to go from the first day of sale. This is a fantastic opportunity for IW to become the best 'independent' source of information, tips and discussion on the net just like it was with BG2.

Anybody else like to see a new forum dedicated to NWN2 right from the go?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:33 PM   #43
Amphetamine Machine
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Stealth Expert:
I think it would be more like 1374 floppies
I'd be pissing my pants in excitement if I was wearing any.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:10 AM   #44
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Maybe all this negative talk will help the marketing crew realize that they will not get away with asking a premium cost and the game will be sold at a more reasonable price...

Is that thinking positive enough, Memnoch?
Old 09-20-2006, 12:47 AM   #45
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

Well.... it's been pushed back again. I just got my pre shipping notice that it is not going to be delivered on 10/17 but it is now on 10/31.

[ 09-20-2006, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: toot033 ]
Old 09-20-2006, 02:56 AM   #46
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
quote:
Originally posted by Zebodog:
If people expect this to be NWN, they will be sorely disappointed...it's not.

Keep and open mind and accept the game for what it is and not what it isn't. Unfortunately it seems this game is already doomed and it's not even been released.
You are absolutely correct. It's supposed to be a sequel to Neverwinter Nights, and I'm not thinking that expecting it to have at least the base stuff that was included in the original is asking all that much. It's hard to be a sequel to something, if it's less that what was originally released.

In support of this, was BG 2 somehow less than BG? Did Throne of Bhaal take away from either? Maybe ToB isn't fair to add, since it was basically like TotSC, and an add on, but the point is still valid. The DM Client, and online multiplayer were the main drives behind Neverwinter Nights, with the exception of Hordes. I've been following this pretty close, and while they may be close to ironing out the problems, it's supposed to go Gold in a week? They will no longer have funding for support? You're correct. I believe that it's going to be substantially less than what it could be, and less than what Neverwinter Nights has become.
[/QUOTE]QFT!!!!!!!!!!

NWN1 had nearly EVERY color Dragon at launch. NWN2 has 2 dragons total. LOL That is lame as hell....

Something like 30-40 monsters. NWN1 had 60-70. (And a DM client).

SAD is the word of the day. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 03:00 AM   #47
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
See? NWN2 is going to suck so bad, it'll actually create more business for NWN1! [img]smile.gif[/img]

The player models in NWN2 look like lame ass Poser 2 models. Stupid, and odd looking.

I will stick with NWN1 thank you. [img]smile.gif[/img] I WILL try out NWN2--but only after ALL reviews come out. I promise you nearly all reviews will tank this beast.
Dan, you're not too enthusiastic about things, are you. [/QUOTE][img]smile.gif[/img] Just mad because of what NWN2 could have been. I have seen so many warning signs and red flags during development, its scary. And from past history, those flags equal very bad games.

I really just wish Bioware developed NWN2. You would have seen something much better.

I do hope it's awesome, but read the reviews before purchase. (And not gaming magazines--they are scared into rating some games well because they fear that company will pull their advertising). So look for reviews online.

Old 09-20-2006, 03:05 AM   #48
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Neo the Warrior Cat:
quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

The player models in NWN2 look like lame ass Poser 2 models. Stupid, and odd looking.
I don't care how much you dislike the game.

I don't care how much the game is probably going to suck.

That is complete BS. You know it. I know it. There is not a PC game ON THIS PLANET whose models are that fugly.
[/QUOTE]I didn't ask you to care..
The models in NWN2 look poor. check the screenshots dude. The eyes on them are cross-eyed in many shots. I would be embarrassed to release a screenshot that looked like that.

JUST my opinion.

[ 09-20-2006, 03:16 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

Old 09-20-2006, 03:13 AM   #49
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

If the reviews coming out look atleast 'average' I'll do a NWN2 forum, but if I see 90% 'it's crap' posts and stuff, I dunno. We'll see.

I may. I mean, it does have the NWN name... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Don't get me wrong here, I pray to the gaming gods that NWN2 is bad ass, and is awesome. I REALLY do, but I've been in the industry, watching development of games for many, many years, and the signs are everywhere that things look bad for NWN2.

I hope Atari doesn't cut funds after release. If this happens, expect no patches, no new content, and the editor will not allow custom 3D models and such without the release of the 3DS Max plugins. If that happens, NWN will be locked into just the toolset.

BTW: I *DO* think the toolset looks awesome, but the options are limited with less monsters. But the outdoor land creation is cool--like the editor in Unreal. LOVE THAT! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-20-2006, 03:44 AM   #50
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I haven't been actively involved in too many games, per se, but I have watched a lot of games fail, some with better reviews. I remain openly pessimistic, but hopeful.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote