Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 03-18-2004, 06:45 PM   #1
listeningism
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok... so ive gotten to this place, the isle of the maker, and gone throgh the whole first level of the dungeon. But then i meet the massive gaurdian golem or something and hes a beast! i can barely hurt him while hes laying on the damage. So, i left, and went back into the center chamber, the room with the control panels. Well... i have no idea what to do.. I click on the two side ones, and firey* lines pop up in the air, then i click on the center/main one and get zapped by a lightning bolt. If anyone could tell me what to do, id really appreciate* it.

Oh, also... how do you use the alchemist's equipment to "draw out the magical properties" of those items like the golden rod, the globe, and something else?

thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2004, 07:43 PM   #2
ScottG
Drow Warrior

That room is for making your own golem, but you don't have all the pieces yet.

so you must get past the golem - and he does have huge resistance. elemental damage works best here (and in fact works best, depending on the type, with most uber opponents in the game). So if you have a spell caster then use elemental shield or melstiths acid sheath and a protection like stoneskin (and act like a punching bag), otherwise you'll need to use a weapon with an elemental damage modifier (and several heal potions to quaff). btw, acid elemenatal damage in general works best in this game.
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 07:53 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

The lines are numbers, hit the panels multiple times and you can select any number from 11 through to 99. Each golem that can be effected by this system shouts out its ID number. Just to be fun, they don't say it in english though, so you will need to find a dictionary.
Old 03-19-2004, 04:58 PM   #4
listeningism
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks guys [img]smile.gif[/img] thats helps, ok... will kill golem man...
Old 03-23-2004, 07:31 PM   #5
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Also, the Rod of Smiting from SoU helps a LOT!!!
Old 04-11-2004, 07:29 AM   #6
Mystique
The Magister

And the draw out magical properties thing. You need to find a recepie book, and there it says that you can combine diffrent things that you find there, and make them into golem equipment.
When you know what to do, go find a Alchemists apparantus in the house.
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 11:48 AM   #7
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Mystique:
And the draw out magical properties thing. You need to find a recepie book, and there it says that you can combine diffrent things that you find there, and make them into golem equipment.
When you know what to do, go find a Alchemists apparantus in the house.
That is what I did. I have no idea how my Ranger would have passed that thing without making the equipment. The recipie book will tell you how to do everything.

[ 04-12-2004, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote