Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2002, 09:32 PM   #11
Jerhal
Dungeon Master

Dungeon Siege put me to sleep...I'd rather do real work then play that game. NWN at leasts asks for attention once in awhile and I don't feel as if I could put my character on 'auto' and have the game finish itself.

[ 07-05-2002, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Jerhal ]
Old 07-05-2002, 09:48 PM   #12
Evergreene
The Magister

Yorick, yes you reminded me of a lot of things that were bugging me..
ie; Clerics NOT being able to use Warhammers, (She has "simple" weapon skill), yet my cleric CAN use a crossbow!? AND a spear??

-Leveling feels to "easy" i am level 10 already and i have only just started chapter two?

-The combinations are odd, monk/archer yes and i wonder if such combinations as Druid/thief or a gnome monk are available- but think about it, Lara Croft was somewhat of a gun-yeilding monk... g)

-What is this about an evil gypsy?? is this the title they give to some evil class combination? I know i started my cleric at True Neutral and she had a faction title of "Reconciler" or some such.. yet my faction moved ONE point and i lost the title.

Then of course there are the major disapointments such as one-limit henchman, limited Henchman control, kamikaze henchman running off into rooms ahead... and then that headache-inducing spinning screen!! i think i settled for top-down , i know that drive mode was TOO sea-sickening. Last gripe- i think ALL the "noble" houses look exactly the same inside- the same tile, floors, etc yick. All the peasant houses loook exactly the same, and there are only like 2 or 3 kinds of dungeon "decors" it becomes a blur after a while, nothing noteworthy to rememeber them by ...
Old 07-05-2002, 10:03 PM   #13
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
not much thing to do in the game except be an office boy to do errand for others.
Seriously?

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 07-05-2002, 10:24 PM   #14
Deathcow
Elminster

Megabot: you didnt give it enough time, you couldn't even have gotten out of the prelude yet!

thanks to the few defenders of NWN in this post, there are too many negative comments gathered in one topic! stop it stop it stop it! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

the camera doesnt bother me at all, i like it...i use the top down.

and if you think a class combination is absurd, dont use it! let others have their fun, not everyone is a roleplayer...too many complaints to reply to, aaaaargh!
Old 07-05-2002, 10:46 PM   #15
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Megabot: you didnt give it enough time, you couldn't even have gotten out of the prelude yet!

thanks to the few defenders of NWN in this post, there are too many negative comments gathered in one topic! stop it stop it stop it!

the camera doesnt bother me at all, i like it...i use the top down.

and if you think a class combination is absurd, dont use it! let others have their fun, not everyone is a roleplayer...too many complaints to reply to, aaaaargh!
No i have not even get out of the nasty "prelude" yet and i dont see any way to get OUT of the darn place the door is closed so i MUST go trough the "training" thingie that i hate, i have played BG 1000 times so i knove most of the control thingies in this type of game! The only thing i like is the character pictures of the females they are great but the voise acting is so horrible that i hate that to!

But but maby i shall give it a trie later when i have finished Morrowind because i dont have any other games to play, or maby i play Wizardry 8 one more time
So guys maby 95% of you like the game but it seems to me that i am in the 5% who not like it, sorry about that!
Old 07-05-2002, 10:56 PM   #16
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well I wonder what's up with my PC when the movies set in.. everything is choppy and it is ripping me off... grrr...

Anyways, I love NWN graphics, like Yorick said, the combat is great... I keep on zooming in on them and I forget they are others pestering Sharwyn... hehehe talk about neglect.

I agree the voices lack variety! I mean come on...the guys were all mad... the girls too... nothing new so to speak...

I don't yet about the evil gypsy, but then I like NWN a lot.. the plot was new to me... and it is very catchy... nevertheless thisi game is waaays better than DS!

I miss Diablo though... and some other games... wehehehehe [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2002, 01:15 AM   #17
Medieval Dead
Dungeon Master

I think a lot of "problems" with NWN expressed on here could be solved with 3 things.
1. Patience
2. Reading the manual cover to cover, especially if you don't know much about the DnD 3rd Edition rules
3. Go slowly through the Prelude Tutorial regardless of your CRPG experience

Remember : Too much MTV and Diablo causes ADD.

[ 07-06-2002, 01:16 AM: Message edited by: Medieval Dead ]
Old 07-06-2002, 07:24 AM   #18
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathcow:

Yes, but apparently the strength of NWN is in multiplayer, so we will have to put up with a powergamer Barbarian/Monk/Assassin/Mage/Palladin/Druid. Won't we. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2002, 07:26 AM   #19
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Medieval Dead:
I think a lot of "problems" with NWN expressed on here could be solved with 3 things.
1. Patience
2. Reading the manual cover to cover, especially if you don't know much about the DnD 3rd Edition rules
3. Go slowly through the Prelude Tutorial regardless of your CRPG experience

Remember : Too much MTV and Diablo causes ADD.
Ummm. These don't solve any of my listed problems. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Besides
1. Allocated it already
2.Done
3.Done twice.

Doesn't change the voice overs.... or the plot..... or anything else.

Old 07-06-2002, 08:03 AM   #20
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

And i hate to "read" a lot before playing the manual is to big to read all in it and it dont ansver the things i wodering about about the game like how to "quik save" and so on!
But play on guys i still dont even bother to install it again!
ps: one nice thing is the "intro movie" it was great!
Closed Thread