Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2001, 04:24 AM   #1
GokuZool
Lord Ao

I need some advice here...should i get a Ps2? I hav the money but don't know yet. It has kick a$$ graphics and can play dvds (though the quality may not be as good as a normal dvd players). Coz the computer is fun and everything but gets boring nstuff...In Australia it costs $499.95 or somthing like that..
Old 11-13-2001, 05:01 AM   #2
TheDutkanator

Go to ebay.com you can usually pick up a PS2 for $250-350 U.S. Not sure what that equals out there though. It's definately worth it. NEVER EVER EVER get the X-box or Gamecube though. Why? go to any gaming magazine site that compares systems. They ALL say why.

Nicolai Dutka
Game Developer
Archon Games (My Company)
My Website
My YouTube Channel
Old 11-13-2001, 05:08 AM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I saw Dreamcast with 5 games for $72, too bad, no mroe DC games, but still, very cheap. pick your games carefully, you can have about 2 years' playing value... for $72!
Old 11-13-2001, 09:19 AM   #4
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Just bought my son one for Christmas, but haven't seen one in action yet.

I paid $379 for a PS2 package which included a game (Grand Turismo I think), memory card, and one of those programmable controllers in addition to the basic package.

I bought it at Sam's Club, was that a pretty good price?

BTW, the next time my son goes to spend the night with my parents I'm going to play the game just to make sure everything is in working order
Old 11-13-2001, 09:30 AM   #5
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Actually, im planning on buying an Xbox. Read nothing but good articles about it in game-magazines.
Old 11-13-2001, 09:41 AM   #6
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Actually, im planning on buying an Xbox. Read nothing but good articles about it in game-magazines.

Read an article with the X-box having difficulties with heat and that many preview versions of it had been bot functioning..

The X-box seems to have tied alot of game-makers to it, but I´m a bit well, uncertain yet of it´s "tremendous" powers compaired to both the PS2 and an original computer..

Not feeling any need of either really, need to get more time off both TV and computer screens..

Don´t eat the yellow snow
Old 11-13-2001, 09:44 AM   #7
Pablo the Jester
Dungeon Master

Well I got the PS2 and think its great... considering I'm still waiting for MGS2 and going to get THPS3 and GTA3 *whispers I'm too lazy too put in the whole name for these games but you should at least know waht one of them stands for*. But then theres gamecube with some awesome original games like Zelda and Super Smash Melee... which I wish to get when I get the gamecube also... but I also mention there will be several games for gamecube that is also on PS2 like THPS3. and the XBOX I heard would also be great!!! One opinion of mine *don't have to take my word for it*, get the PS2, there will be many great games coming out for it that I heard of... my reason is because of Metal Gear Solid 2... like baldur's gate: dark allegiance which sounds great, not sure if it actually good, but by some of the peoples, mags, and my opinion PS2 could turn out to be great *but by cost reasons I have no opinion for that, I just look for the quality to tell you the truth. but if you feel like getting gamecube or Xbox... Cool, the you could tell me how its like before i get it and give me some info about it! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2001, 09:54 AM   #8
Pablo the Jester
Dungeon Master

Oh yeah and the DVD well thats one part I like, since now I got two DVD's *the three DVD player and the PS2*, well it's your choice I don't know everything and I could be wrong about the PS2 considering I had to buy the damn multi-tap separate and later going to buy the modem for the PS2 *looks towards the PS2 with a grin, then asks why they couldn't give the PS2 four portholes for controllers like the gamecube* well then thats definitely one bad quality in PS2... buying all the crap for it, well I don't really care I'll just stick with until MGS2! [img]smile.gif[/img]