Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-26-2000, 12:59 AM   #1
Maestro22

*Spoilers below, so beware*

Well I have a few questions about some stuff. I dunno if I just havent got to some things yet and should just be patient or if Ive just plain missed some of them. Here goes, so just bear with me as some of this may get a little long.

-The Unseeing Eye Quest: I think I really went about this in a weird way, but here goes. First of all I got to the sewers and found the paladin guy (Im a paladin, so I was nice and told him I'll talk to him later at the Radient Heart place). To the right of where you meet him, there is a group of adventurers who demand a toll or attack you. To the left of them is a secret door that leads to some stairs that go up to the wizard that has captured the actor guy. To the LEFT of the adventurers is an identical secret door, but I cant open it. *Is this for later, or am I missing some key to open this door? Not being able to go in hasn't adversly affected any quests so far, so Im just curious whats up.*
Also: I talked to Gaal and said Id go get the 2nd half of the rod from the lower dungeons. However, when I go that way, I found some of his old "eyeless" recruits who have seen his evil ways and asked me if I would help them destroy the beholder by putting together the pieces of the rod and using it to kill the beholder. Ok I said, I'll do it. HOWEVER, that guy said NOT to open the sarcophagus and the cursor said that there was some evil coming from it. OF COURSE I just had to see what all the fuss was about SO, I opened it and had to kill that Shade Lich. THen I got the golden arm and leg(I think thats what is was). *What are they for?? I havent seen ANY refrence to them at all anywhere*

-Church of Helm quest #2: I am getting the ore for this guy to make a sculpture. Well, I did the entire quest, but I still have the head of that halfling I had to kill in the Bridge district. *What is it for? Am I missing something? Nobody asked for it and that deurgar guy never asked for it or said anything when I came back and talked to him with it in my inventory.*

-Daystar: Does this weapon just kick butt or what? I mean I havent got the Holy Avenger yet but Im wondering if I even want to use it?. My Paladin has a -10 AC and that Daystar just rips through evil stuff, and the sunfire effect once a day does TONS of damage. Use the Drinker against weak mobs to help heal up as a 2ndary weapon and wow. If I take off my +3 shield shield to use a 2h weapon, that would kinda suck.

-Wave: I found the handle part of the wave. Anyone know where the other half is? I believe I found the handle in the planar prison where you gotta rescue the actors from after you bring back the planar jewel to them. (if not, then I found it in the Unseeing Eye's lair after you enter via the back way)

Old 10-26-2000, 01:45 PM   #2
Tipsy McSwagger

Some answers for you.

Unseeing Eye - The second door is to the Mind Flayer lair. You can only have the door if you have the sewer key which I believe you find in the Windspear hills. It's a golden key and in the item description it says that the key smells like the sewers. As for the golden arms and legs, in another part of the city there's another Lich in a tomb who will give up a golden torso when defeated. Take the golden torso and the golden arms/legs and find Kangaxx the Lich (bridge district I think, or perhaps docks district, I can't remember). When you give Kangaxx the golden body he'll form into a Lich. Beat him as a Lich and he'll turn into a Demilich. Beat him then and you'll get the Ring of Gaxx which makes you immune to disease and does other things.

Church of Helm - Take the Dwarf's head to the Inspector in the Council of Six building in the Government district. You'll get a reward.

Daystar - sounds like it kicks butt. I don't have it so I'll have to take your word for it.

Wave - I've found the shaft but not the blade so it's either in the Planar Sphere (but I don't think so) or it's somewhere I haven't been yet. I'm in chapter 4 now (Asylum). I've done all of the quests in chpts 2-3 except for the Planar Sphere so I don't think it's in Windspear/Umar/Trademeet.

Hope this helps.

Drink up.

-Tipsy

Old 10-26-2000, 03:20 PM   #3
ash ketchem

i believe the second part of the wave is in the shark city after you get done with the asylum but to get there you have to choose to ride the boat with that traitor captain guy so dont go straight to the underdark. im almost positive that thats where i got the second part

Old 10-26-2000, 04:10 PM   #4
Maestro22

One other thing: I got the quest to retrieve a book for Korgan the dwarf in the Copper Coronet but cant find the book. I went into the graveyard dungeon and cleared out the church like place to the south(where you get jumped by all the undead trying to surround you). Even past the secret door in the bottom right wall. I also cleared out that little spider lair. The door at the top of the map is still locked but someone said I gotta wait to go through it via some quest given by the shadow thieves. Is the book past that door or did I just miss it somewhere?