Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2001, 10:06 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

OK, let's roll on this, I KNOW most of you want to do it, I mean, how many of you actually Like the character Anomen's personality? He gets on my last nerve.! Ahem, I'll go first:

1. Wait until he sleeps at the Copper Coronet, then go into Hide in Shadows, sneak in his room, and steal his clothes. Pay of all employees at the Inn, so when he wakes up, there will be no one there to rescue him from his "situation". He will then never leave his room, why? Because if he did, then everyone would know and see that he is really a eunoch. So twould be Slow Death by Self-Inflicted Starvation.

Next?

------------------
Old 08-10-2001, 10:37 PM   #2
Tananda
Elminster

I won't be cruel - he saved my life TOO often...
So, I will just locked him somewhere in De"Arnise Keep together with Nalia's aunt. Bet he'll beg on his knees to let him out pretty soon! But I won't. Let them torture each other for eternity with their pleasant personalities...
And prior to this operation I'll take from him anything that could be used as a weapon - it won't be fair to let him commit suicide and end tortures too soon.

------------------
Tanda,
with best regards from Guild of Assassins
Old 08-11-2001, 12:20 AM   #3
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Actually Anomen's personality undergoes a major change after he gains his knighthood. I find Aerie to be far more annoying. Actually there are several I would say are more annoying after that happens. Before the knighthood now thats a different story...
Old 08-11-2001, 01:13 AM   #4
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Oh, come now, Aerie's a blonde, she cant help being an idiot. ^_~* ( i can relate... i do the same stuff without coffee... and Grinch is NOT allowed to post his remarks about my behavior! ^_^;; he knows too well, from just reading from the Bar thread. heh) But answer me this- how come they make the most annoying (scuze me, ONE of the most annoying) men in this game be the only one able to do a romance for a female character?! what did we do to deserve this? And you wonder why guyz are targeted for the fun games. ^_~*

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
My Website!
Old 08-11-2001, 03:31 PM   #5
Tancred
White Dragon

Ah, this reminds me of the old '101 things...'

101 THINGS TO DO WITH A FRYING PAN

1 : fry bacon in it.
2-50 : hit Anomen with it.
51 : knock it back into shape.
52 - 101 : hit Anomen again.

Works for me.
Old 08-11-2001, 03:39 PM   #6
Lord Shield

He was a complete butthole the first time I played - however in my current group he's improved and is too useful to kill

But I still owe him tortures - I think he should have the entire public telling him he's a sap - humiliation on a grand scale

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 08-12-2001, 01:48 AM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Ladyzekke! For shame! And he's in our multi group!!

Actually, I found Anomen to be a great asset to my team. If you're playing good, he's a decent cleric (great after he gets knighted and his wisdom shoots up 4 points). He just got Level 7 cleric spells and I'm now just starting Chapter 3, so we plan to go kick some major Vamp booty coming up.

However, in the spirit of the thread, I'd say invest in some good duct tape and whenever he spouts his bit about "Hmph, I am barely convinced Honor holds a place here," or other choice phrases, tape his mouth shut until he's ready to cast a spell.

Hilariously enough, I was wondering why everything was so peaceful after one battle when I found out that Anomen (and a couple of other characters) were silenced! The rest of the team enjoyed the respite for as long as it lasted.

------------------
Old 08-12-2001, 05:01 AM   #8
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Hmmmm.... I wonder if NPC dialogues ARE halted when an NPC is silenced? In that case I'm going to find a cursed item which silences it's victim and give it to Aerie .
Old 08-12-2001, 01:36 PM   #9
Tancred
White Dragon

Yeah, as far as I know. In the battle to free Viconia from burning, my party had to hang around for several minutes for one Cleric's 'Silence' spell to wear off Viconia so she could talk to us.
Old 08-12-2001, 09:50 PM   #10
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Ladyzekke! For shame! And he's in our multi group!!

Actually, I found Anomen to be a great asset to my team. If you're playing good, he's a decent cleric (great after he gets knighted and his wisdom shoots up 4 points). He just got Level 7 cleric spells and I'm now just starting Chapter 3, so we plan to go kick some major Vamp booty coming up.

However, in the spirit of the thread, I'd say invest in some good duct tape and whenever he spouts his bit about "Hmph, I am barely convinced Honor holds a place here," or other choice phrases, tape his mouth shut until he's ready to cast a spell.

Hilariously enough, I was wondering why everything was so peaceful after one battle when I found out that Anomen (and a couple of other characters) were silenced! The rest of the team enjoyed the respite for as long as it lasted.

Ah, yes Sazarac, he IS in our multigame, but tis different. Try being a Female PALADIN in a single player game, and ROMANCE with Anomen! Blah! Blah! and yet more Blah! And for a "date," I find him snobby, condescending, controlling, opinionated, and last but not least, a complete BORE!

Oh sure, he is not an evil guy, just one gets enough of looking inside his nostrils because of his upturned smug face!

Well since there seems to be a lack of tortures here, guess I will add yet another:

Ladyzekke casts "Mime" on Anomen. Ha! Look at im! Face all painted white and helplessly trying to get out of his "box" LOL, teehee

------------------