Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-12-2001, 09:22 AM   #1
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

I've never used Anomen in my party before, so I have a question about him...

**SPOILER**

If Anomen fails his "test", then what happens? I mean, I know that he freaks out...but can you keep him in your party or does he go mental and run off? I'd like to use him in my evil party as Lawful Neutral, but if he passes his test he'll change to good and I'll have to give him the boot.

So...if he fails his test, can you keep him sane and in your party? Thanks!

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 07-12-2001, 09:41 AM   #2
kitson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In my game he failed, and has not run off yet.
Old 07-12-2001, 09:45 AM   #3
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

I dont think he will leave your party unless your reputation gets too low. I think if your REP gets below 8 he will leave but im not sure what the exact number is... Just like if youre in a good party and have Edwin he will leave if your REP goes over 17. Anomen might leave if your reputation gets below 3 but I wouldnt swear by it. I dont think it would have to get that low for him to leave. Hey keep your rep about 10 and I think youd be safe.

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2001, 01:45 PM   #4
Azred
Drow Priestess

There is one other thing to consider, namely the members of your party. If he fails his test, Anomen would understandably be upset and might stir up some trouble with other party members.

------------------
An intelligent mind is the key to the universe.

The most distressing thing about practicing magic is the fact that even the most learned sorcerers cannot accurately describe what magic *is*....
Old 07-12-2001, 03:47 PM   #5
Haddar - Servant of Talos
The Magister

Earthdog, I'm a little out of topic here, but I have a REP of 19, and Edwin hasn't taken off yet. Maybe it's different from game to game. You know, race, class and all that.
Old 07-12-2001, 11:52 PM   #6
TheBeerBaron02
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I dumped the coolest guy (korgan) for Edwin so if he leaves ill kill him...
Old 07-14-2001, 05:47 PM   #7
Jeannada
Dungeon Master

Edwin left the group at one point as soon as i went to 19 rep..

Maybe-- *spoiler**

Maybe If you encourage anomen to take vengeance into his own hands-- he will never be a knight, so go kill Saerk with him maybe?- just an idea
Old 07-15-2001, 01:31 AM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

spoilers

If you do get him knighted and then he kills or you kill Saerk.. he leaves immediately. All you are left with is his armor.

I believe if you don't get him knighted he eventually makes trouble in your party and either fights or leaves.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 07-15-2001, 05:57 AM   #9
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

If you pass the test Anomen will become Lawfull good and gain a wisdom increase of 3 (making his wisdom 16), however if the test is failed (i.e. he killed baddy trader persons daughter)he becomes Chaotic Neutral and suggest *killing* the entire order of the radiant heart, which by the way is quiet fun. WARNING if you have Keldorn in your party there will be a great deal of tention between these two in the imidiate future.

Either way Anomen is still:

A) the best PC in the game

B) annoying as hell

C) quoting that drivel about the order being second to perfection, and the only redeeming quality of humankind (kind of strage concidering they kicked him out and ruined his life).

Note: In answer to your question yes Anomen will remain in your party if he fail the test, however if your party contains Keldorn (which if your evil it probally doesn't) he won't have a massivly long lifespan...

[This message has been edited by Ace Flashheart (edited 07-15-2001).]
Old 07-15-2001, 09:47 AM   #10
Eledhel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

But what do you do if you can't complete his test? No matter what I do I can't get his father to talk to him other than to say "Who are you? Get out of my house." I've applied the official patch and it was no help. Would reinstalling BG2 (and keeping my saved games) or ToB solve this problem? Does Shadowkeeper fix it?