Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2004, 09:50 PM   #1
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

we are having an electrical storm, and it is very strange, with huge forked lightning and all that rolling across the sky, what made it even more unique, is there was a perfect rainbow never have I seen one like it before, the colors were so vivid, you could discern each color on a seperate scale, while going through the rainbow was sunbeams, underneath it, was a circle of orange, where the beams met, and produced a bright glow, looked like the son was setting to the east, instead of the west, and above the rainbow was dark storm clouds, with lightning peircing the rainbow, it was a sight to see, just had to mention it, has anyone else seen anything like that? it was very beautiful [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2004, 09:54 PM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
What? and you didn't snap a picture for us?

j/k. Sounds like it was awesome. I would have enjoyed the electrical storm alone, but the rainbow and all that would have made it that much better.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 05-30-2004, 09:56 PM   #3
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I was thinking on the way home how much I wish I had a camera, because I would love to have let you guys see it, but my camera was at home, and we had taken my dad to his home, and was just getting on the freeway
Old 05-30-2004, 10:16 PM   #4
Nerull
Lord Ao

Sounds like a cool sight! Shame you didn't have a camera with you.

I saw something similar once. Six Flags was having their July 4th fireworks, and a huge storm rolled in. There was heavy lightning all over the place, but they still had the fireworks anyway (I guess they didn't want to cancel). I live right nearby, so I could see the fireworks. There was this thick cloud cover that was turning all different shades from the fireworks going off underneath them, while lightning was jumping from cloud to cloud. I was out of film, so I couldn't take a picture, either.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 05-30-2004, 11:52 PM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Can't produce a picture on my mind so I can' tell how beautiful it is. btw, don't forget to bring a long iron rod and stick it up in the air next time the same thing happen again. j/k [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2004, 12:49 AM   #6
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

I like seeing things like that. You really can see the power of mothernature. I love a good sun set. Reminds me of the time I was taking a ferry from greece to venice and being out on the ocean and seeing the sun going down was so cool. No smog cloud or anything taking away from the full effect of the sunset.
Old 05-31-2004, 01:27 AM   #7
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

No, I have not seen anything like that Stormy mystic. It would have been a beautiful sight to see, too bad you didn't take any photos of the sight.
But I have seen other wonderful sights. Like one night there were storm clouds coming over my house and when i looked out the window the sky was like a pink violet colour (although it was night time) I think it was because of the lights in the town and the dust..but it was beautiful and we had some blue fork lightning which made it even more interesting
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Old 05-31-2004, 08:38 AM   #8
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Can't produce a picture on my mind so I can' tell how beautiful it is. btw, don't forget to bring a long iron rod and stick it up in the air next time the same thing happen again. j/k [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/fighting.gif[/img] pbbbtttt, I see how you are, this morning the sun is shining, just means I have to go pick up the fallen branches from the storm last night *sigh* bad thing about having a huge oak tree in the front yard