Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2006, 02:05 PM   #1
Glycerine_74
Dungeon Master

Getting ready to start up Torment...again. I played through it up to the point where I switched to a mage, then realized that the graphics would corrupt every time I tried to cast a spell. Of course by this time I had already put a good 6 or 8 hours into it that was pretty much wasted. I tried everything I could think of to fix the problem, but nothing worked so ended up just uninstalling and shelving it yet again.

So now I've since gotten a new drive, installed a fresh copy of WinXP, and then Torment. I loaded up an old save (I wiped my other one in disgust, idiotic I know...) and now all the spell graphics are working fine. My only issue is that some of the sounds don't seem to be playing. I don't hear footsteps when the PCs walk and I don't hear any noises when opening doors. This doesn't bother me in the least, but it does make me wonder whether or not more sound problems might crop up later in the game forcing me to give it up again.

So the question is, does anyone who has played Torment know if this is normal? Should I be hearing these sounds, or are they just not there? I really don't want to put a bunch of time into it, only to discover that other sounds start cutting out or screwing up really bad later in the game.

Glycerine
Glycerine_74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 03:44 PM   #2
Stratos
Vampire

I've never heard about anyone having sound problems with PS:T until now. I haven't got the game installed at the moment, but doesn't sound effects, like footsteps, have their own settings in the Options menu?

[ 02-17-2006, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Stratos ]
Old 02-17-2006, 04:14 PM   #3
Glycerine_74
Dungeon Master

Nope, checked the options and INI files and didn't find anything. I posted this same question on a couple of other forums and got different replies. One guy said he didn't hear them on his XP machine either, and another said they worked fine. Not sure what to do at this point.

Glycerine
Glycerine_74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 05:13 AM   #4
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

You patched?