Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2002, 02:03 PM   #1
Ziggy
Dungeon Master

I was reading some forums earlier and i saw something about hacking. What do you mean by hacking? Is it like acking on Diablo II or Baldurs Gate II or something? do you go to that saved files and change them? How do you hack in this case? is there a website I can go to that might tell me how to hack??

Thanks!
Old 01-30-2002, 02:30 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Ziggy!

"Hacking" = altering/modifying a saved game file.

Generally done within the hex code of the file with a hex editor. While it isn't necessarily difficult to hack, it isn't something you can just pop open the file and do. You can totally mess up your game trying to hack a file.

For Wizards & Warriors, I have hacked many items for players. I've figured out the codes for numerous items (the most requested hack is for an Assassin's Dagger) and do a item for item replacement hack.
I also know how to hack a few other things in the game.

There are a number of editors/trainers out there that will hack some of the basic things that folks generally want - stats & money. Doing a search on Google will direct you to those if you are interested.

I've considered putting up a basic lesson in hacking W&W (which is different than hacking other games) but would hate to see a bunch of players ruin their games because they didn't know what they were doing and didn't take proper precautions.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 03:09 PM   #3
Ziggy
Dungeon Master

Thanks, I found an editor and it came with instructions! It is only for the stats and skills and things not the iteams but thats ok [img]smile.gif[/img] i can find them on my own! Thanks alot wyv!
Old 01-30-2002, 04:35 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I haven't seen a W&W editor out there for items either probably because it is a little more complicated to hack an item than to change the values of stats and skills but for most players purposes those editors get the job done!

For items, they can come to me or Xignal!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 11:55 AM   #5
Lord Bane
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is there a way to hack the file to make my party alive again?

=p
Lord Bane is offline   Reply With Quote