Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 06-05-2006, 04:25 PM   #1
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Penguin Bashing Champion Simon Champion Snakeman Champion
Hi all,

I am just starting to play NWN again after abotu a year. I am wanting to make a Cleric, perhaps with a couple of fighter levels thrown in. Last time i played as a cleric i was fine until about level 8, then got whopped as i think my stats/domains etc were crap.

so, what are good stats for a cleric? and is it a good idea to add in say, two fighter levels? if so, when? (i was thinking both at the start to get better HP). what are the good domains? and, is Human the best race to use?

cheerS!
Old 06-05-2006, 04:49 PM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

What I have done in the past is go with Str/War domains, and run a pure cleric. They are fair melee fighters anyway, next best class to fighter, IMO, and while lvls of fighter won't hurt the build much, depending on spell availability, I didn't need them. However, if you do decide to take fighter lvls, take at least 4, to get all the good feats...Fighters get a boat load of feats in the first four lvls. Also, if you do go human, the xp penalty for class separation won't hurt anything, as you won't get it, either human, or 1/2 elf. There is no "preferred class" for those two races, and the highest class lvl doesn't count.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:24 PM   #3
Captain Obvious
Elminster

cheers man. In a play around game i took War and Magic domains.

Also, which henchman should i take? at the moment i am running about the place causing havoc with Daelan Red Tiger, but if my Cleric cna stand up to melee, would osmeone else be better?
Old 06-05-2006, 08:42 PM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Tomi, for traps and locks. I use Tomi when I'm melee type char, and Linu when I'm using rogue types.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:03 PM   #5
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Thanks! one other thing, it says i cna change a memorised spell to a healing spell, how do i do this? am i right in thinking that i do not need to memorise healing spells?
Old 06-06-2006, 06:03 PM   #6
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain Obvious:
Thanks! one other thing, it says i cna change a memorised spell to a healing spell, how do i do this? am i right in thinking that i do not need to memorise healing spells?
Simply cast the healing spell (e.g from radial menu or quickslot). The healing spell will be cast and the last memorized spell of that level will become unavailable (unfortunately you can't choose which, it will always be the last spell).
Old 06-07-2006, 06:10 AM   #7
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

You can quick slot healing spells whether they are memorized or not too, just drag them from the spell book to the desired quick slot.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:15 PM   #8
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Sweet, thanks for that. i feel kind of stupid for not figuring that out, but hey, as long as it works now, i am happy!