Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-27-2001, 10:27 PM   #11
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Without going into too much detail and not posting direct links (check Stealthy's site for a more detailed discussion) . . .

Someone posted on another board something like, "What happened to Ironworks?" and the webmaster got angry that others were using his space to discuss another board. It started mostly harmless and degenerated rather quickly from there.

Stealthy (different pseudonym in the other forum) and I conducted ourselves with civility, even though it was obvious some of us (and more them) were getting mad. It seemed that no matter how nice Stealthy or I phrased our posts, we made things worse. At one point the moderator accused Stealthy of being too nice and making him (the moderator) look bad.

In the end, Stealthy posted a public apology which I followed up on later.

------------------
Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Old 04-27-2001, 10:28 PM   #12
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

what's stealthy's site address?

------------------

*Lord of the Screen Shot*
Old 04-27-2001, 10:33 PM   #13
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

I do sympathize with being left totally in the dark, but please be discreet.

http://communities.msn.co.uk/Stealth...amcentral.msnw

I think this is all behind us. I really don't intend to "open a new can of worms."

[This message has been edited by Father Bronze (edited 04-27-2001).]
Old 04-27-2001, 10:41 PM   #14
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

That turned into a bit of a mountain out of a molehill. All sorted out now, and I appreciate you guys being gracious enough to apologize and smooth things over. Your intentions certainly couldn't be faulted!

------------------
Old 04-28-2001, 12:46 AM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Oh ye gods and firestones, why would anyone WANT to go to another forum? I just sweated it out. I knew better!

Amen, Sazzie, Amen! I have been flamed and flamed back with the best of 'em in Usenet and I have to tell you, I wouldn't trade Ironworks for anything!

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 04-28-2001, 01:44 AM   #16
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

i went to lots of other forums. i couldn't stay at any for long. i went to the black and white forum, the winamp forum (i made some skins while we were down), and a forum for my local radio station. i even went to the ubb developers forum for lack of anything better to do. also checked out the unreal 2 forum. and homeworld cataclysm forum.
and having said all that,
i am so glad to be home

------------------

*Lord of the Screen Shot*
Old 04-28-2001, 02:09 AM   #17
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Oh ye gods and firestones, why would anyone WANT to go to another forum? I just sweated it out. I knew better!

You said IT!

Old 04-28-2001, 03:36 AM   #18
Rikard

Nice Snowboard Don't You Think??????????/

------------------

Old 04-28-2001, 07:07 AM   #19
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'll let the cat out of the bag and and say it was the TeamBG site-Noobers Romper Room or something like that. Father Bronze and Stealthy did nothing wrong but were continuously flamed as they tried to explain things. That whole board is filled with paranoid and irrational people. The leader of the board is the worst of the bunch, which combined with his near constant whining makes the site a somewhat pitiful place to go. My advice- stay away from there or you'll get drawn into the same shit that Father Bronze and Stealthy did.
Old 04-28-2001, 07:39 AM   #20
Moiraine
Anubis

Hi LoA ! Good to see you.

Yesterday I read ALL the litigious threads on the TeamBG forum - what I think is that there is no way whatsoever you can have a discussion with these guys. Because their reasoning is totally paranoid. It goes like that :

You say that you disagree with me
=> You say that I am wrong
=> You say that am an idiot : you are flaming me ;
You say that because you are an elitist person, and because you are jealous of 'my' forum

You try to calm things down, but still disagree with me
=> I don't want to calm things down ! I want you to recognize your fault

You apologize
=> Much better ! Now you bow under me (I won't apologize myself, you did all the wrong)

You see ? How can you ever tell them anything they will take as it is said ? They even figured it was all a 'conspiracy' from Ironworks - that's when an apology from Stealthy and FB was really required to settle the whole thing. No need to say, the 'Forum leader' didn't apologize back ...

They may be good techies, but they are so much in need of praise and approval that they can't stand opposition. Especially from newbies. Want to be a 'Slave' ? That is the newbie title there. No, really, no need to tell them anything, whatever you say, it will be taken wrong.

They also do that to themselves, you know - I saw a guy post a question and add 'please read before killing me' - I saw a guy asking to be thanked for pictures he sent and getting insulted as a reply (also treated of 'Korean twat') - I saw a guy post a slightly off-topic post and apologizing profusely for that, and getting flamed nonetheless ...

BTW, they may have much less members that they think - I registered before the whole mess, and tried after that to unsuscribe - couldn't find anywhere to do that, so I mailed the helpdesk - and they told me that I CAN'T unsuscribe ! (They hadn't yet heard the last of me on that)

Memnoch, sorry to have said my two cents about this, now I will go back to silence again.

------------------

The world is my oyster !

[This message has been edited by Moiraine (edited 04-28-2001).]