Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2005, 02:22 PM   #11
Marathon
Elminster

I found some gypsies last night - are they a ripoff or what? Blathered on about fate, I couldn't get anything meaningful out of it, and then I left. Is there a purpose other than to lighten your purse? Found a raft (sweet) and ended up in a cave in front of some Oracles...that's what I get for rafting at night. Since I'm obviously not at the Toad island, is there any negative consequence of not going in order other than dying horribly and having to reload? I don't want to get spoiled, but I also don't want to miss out on good quests.
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 06:34 PM   #12
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Marathon:
I found some gypsies last night - are they a ripoff or what? Blathered on about fate, I couldn't get anything meaningful out of it, and then I left. Is there a purpose other than to lighten your purse? Found a raft (sweet) and ended up in a cave in front of some Oracles...that's what I get for rafting at night. Since I'm obviously not at the Toad island, is there any negative consequence of not going in order other than dying horribly and having to reload? I don't want to get spoiled, but I also don't want to miss out on good quests.
The Gypsies aren't really important but they do hand out a quest which can give you access to some treasure should you bother to fulfill it. I generally never bother with them after my first game. It's worth doing them at least once.

You can do things in whatever order you like. You may end up having to reload a game if you encounter monsters that are a bit too much for you, but there is no disadvantage to trying. The only thing I will warn you about is when you get to the west side of Ishad N'ha and meet up with some rattlings - don't just waste them.

Hope that helped! Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 07:54 PM   #13
fiffa46
Elite Waterdeep Guard

lol I found that raft, but didn't figure out how to get on it >.>
I've seen the gypsies but there was this gigantic spider in there that was trying to eat my party.
fiffa46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 10:50 PM   #14
Marathon
Elminster

I just had to click on the raft and I was on. Just like getting on the horse.

When I was talking to the gypsies, I really didn't get any good options. I could only ask about fate and deathman or something like that. That's why I was so irked that I blew about 300 of my gold, which is a lot of cash for me at this stage. How do you get their quest?
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 01:53 AM   #15
bsftcs
Red Dragon

The Gypsy leader Harespia has an amulet which you need to retrieve for the final wizard guild quest in Valeia. You can kill her and bring the amulet back to the guildmaster, but you can also mention the amulet to her (you have to type in the word "orb" in the vocabulary --- AND it may only work if you have undertaken the guild quest in question - I am not sure). Then she will offer you a trade. Basically you will have to fetch her another special object. When you have retrieved the object you can make the swap, and she will open the Gypsy treasury for you.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:44 AM   #16
Radek
Red Dragon

You don't need the quest. This can be used for "shifting" the Orb of Clarity quest:

Pass 1: Get the Orb of Clarity using the ugly way. Reset adventures. Because the orb survives Reset Adventures, you will start the new game with the orb.
Pass 2: When it comes to the Orb of Clarity quest, take the quest and give the questgiver the orb from the preceding pass. The quest is over but it does not mean that you cannot get the orb during this pass again.
When you retrieve the "object", you can go to Harepsia and exchange it for the orb even if you do not have the quest. You will have the Orb of Clarity again.
Next passes: Repeat.

Why do such things? Note that you can do a similar thing with the next Mages Guild quest. You can do both these quests immediately and profit from guild level 4 in Mages Guild much sooner that you are supposed. You will regain the quest items later in the game - and you will use them in the next game run
Old 03-24-2005, 08:42 AM   #17
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

Greetings [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

back near the top of our thread list is a topic with all the maps in it ( Bsftcs you Legend! ) use that to quickly c where u need to be.
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Pop 'n Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:27 AM   #18
bsftcs
Red Dragon

I am afraid not all relevant maps are there. I only made maps of all the hidden locations in the dungeons.

A former moderator on this particular forum named Xignal made all the dungeon maps. These and much more can be found here. (The maps are found under the download section). He gave all the goodies to Ironworks when he abandoned his own site. Unfortunately my walkthough in the Great Gael Serran Library still links to the old site. I shall have to make the necessary corrections soon. [img]smile.gif[/img]

@Radek:
I thought the orb was a quest item which would disappear when resetting? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

[ 03-24-2005, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 03-24-2005, 11:08 AM   #19
Radek
Red Dragon

It does not.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:49 AM   #20
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

i cant get out of that part of the crypt either. i can jump the gap easy but when i reach the entrance its shut. and if u remember i cannot get out through rethpians way because i cant find the key hole.

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote