Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2000, 01:01 PM   #1
Virgilxx

My main character is a sorcerer. My party includes Yoshimo, Minsc, Jaheria, Aerie, and the Paladin(whatever his name is). Anyway, I went to the Pirate Lord, but didn't like how Yoshimo seemed to be able convince him just by dropping his name to let us into Spellhold. Instead I went to the Cowled Wizard, killed him and got the stone and book. I made it past the defenses of Spellhold, but when I opened the front door my stone disappeared.
My real problem is that when I go into Spellhold, all the doors are magically locked and there is nowhere for me to go. I can't get outbecause Spellhold's defenses now keep me in. Unfortunately, I foolishly utilized the quicksave to the point where my last save is back at the end of Chapter 3. Do I just have to go back there and do it again, or am I missing something?

Old 12-18-2000, 01:16 PM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

I am not sure about this as I've only used the Pirate Lord option (and killed the Wizard anyway heh) but I think you're still doing fine
MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
I think in some time Jon Irenicus will appear and take you prisoner. Just wait till that happens (maybe rest a couple of times.) I still think the other option of gaining entrance to Spellhold is better, since you get to meet the other prisoners. I'm not sure if that will happen if you got there on your own.
Old 12-18-2000, 03:31 PM   #3
Virgilxx

I rested 8 times...do you think this is a patchable thing?

Old 12-18-2000, 03:36 PM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

I'm not sure...I don't know if I might have missed anything else: like I said I didn't follow the same path as you.
I see only one solution: someone else please help Virgilxx out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2000, 04:56 PM   #5
Jon the Hell Caster

are you a paladin? If so that explains it. The patch fixes it.

Old 12-18-2000, 04:59 PM   #6
Jon the Hell Caster

The patch fixes it also did you get the stronghold? If you're desperate use shadowkeeper to recreate the stone and use the other way. Also make minsc talk to the pirate it is one of his best lines in the game. example,
Minsc:Where's your peg?
Pirate: What?
Minsc: Your peg all pirates have pegs.
Pirate:?
Minsc: And where is your pariot? All Pirates have a peg and a pariot. Just like all Rangers have hamster!