Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-28-2007, 11:05 PM   #11
bubbe
Zhentarim Guard

new job, new life, and my girlfriend is over 300km away for over a month! hard times...
Old 05-29-2007, 01:19 AM   #12
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Penguin Bashing Champion Simon Champion Snakeman Champion
bah! a month is nothing my man, wait till you are married, then you will love the thought of her going that far away for that long...

although the nagging will still ring in your ears.

You could always take this as an opportunity to write her lots of love letters and crap.. then she will think that you are a really nice guy (always a good illusion to maintain in my experience).
Old 05-29-2007, 09:07 AM   #13
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Here's another new beverage... one of my neighbors had some diet Coke with Vitamins... not quite sure what the point is there, but the taste was similar to regular diet Coke.

Bubbe, distance helps remind you it's worth it... or point out it's time to get over it. I've had both happen, and I definitely prefer finding out it's worth it

Congrats on the new job, too. Got an extra one for Sever? He's looking, as long as it doesn't require daylight hours [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Brief update on Pepper, our favorite dog around these parts. Some may recall that two years ago, when he first came to our house, he'd managed to track down a baby bird in the backyard.

That one escaped, but about three weeks ago, he'd spotted a nest that was out of his reach... and one of those birds made the bad choice of hiding in a low bush. I think I saved it from Pepper, but I don't think it lived much longer.

And this past week, he'd found another nest that had a tiny baby bird in it... barely had its eyes open, I believe. This was just a foot over his head, which meant that if he got motivated and jumped a little, he'd be into it. We tried to figure out what kind of fence we could put around that tree to keep him away, but before we could figure it out, he got to it...

Damaged nest, no baby bird. And with Pepper's track record... well, all I can say is that we haven't seen any bird feathers in his poop

There. Dogs eating birds and scatology for your Tuesday morning
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:18 PM   #14
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by bubbe:
new job, new life, and my girlfriend is over 300km away for over a month! hard times...
You know what they say, "when the cat's away, the dishes stack up." Or something. I forget. Whaddya want from me? Don't be sad, two outta three ain't bad.

That'd be my cue to go to bed. Currently 6am where i am which has been usual bedtime for a while now. However, i have a big day on thursday (grandad's funeral ) and need to have another crack at a long haul to make sure i'm awake during daylight. Oh woe is me! And woe is you! You'll just have to put up with me for another few!

Thanks for the suggestions Lady Z. My blow-in housemate lives on such sedatives but is currently away on work for a couple of weeks. Otherwise i'd have already raided his stash!

And i most certainly am not looking for another night job, B.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:10 PM   #15
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Klorax is taking over!

I saw his this day in history topic, so looked at it. Went back to the main page and a new one was posted, about a man shooting himself in the leg. Clicked on General Discussion to view it and in the time I clicked a new one was posted! He's everywhere and can't be stopped!

Hope everyone is doing well? I'm tired from work, haven't started revising for my exams, and have my driving test coming up. Pressure, pah not even close [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2007, 05:46 AM   #16
bubbe
Zhentarim Guard

Been working for a few days now, it's kinda fun but working for 8 hours straight is more than i'm used to. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Haven't worked night yet, but will do that friday night shift. :| But I think I will like that more than working morning shift. Today I'm working evening shift.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:08 AM   #17
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Good luck on your driving test Ivelliis, when is it?

Bubbe, 8 hour work days can seem really long if you aren't kept busy enough. Sometimes I swear an hour feels like 4 hours when it's slow at my job (like now LOL!)

Getting hot again outside, and the humidity is coming back as well. Uggg...

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:28 PM   #18
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

It's on the 7th. Had a lesson today after a gruelling 6 hour day at work [img]tongue.gif[/img] and I was fine. Few minor faults but nothing that can't be put right for the day. Got two more lessons, one saturday and one thursday, so hopefully all will go well and I won't be a bag of nerves and screw up something ridiculously simple. If I failed on something stupid I'd never forgive myself.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:45 AM   #19
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I'm sure you'll do fine Ivelliis. Do you have any driving plans when you get your license? Lord knows I did LOL.

Boring at work today, so glad it's Friday!

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:09 PM   #20
bubbe
Zhentarim Guard

just drove 400km to get some stuff at my home in Skövde, right now i'm living at my parents house in Norrköping where I work during this summer..

and in just a few hours i'm going to work my first night. :| i'm glad coffee is free at work!