Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-18-2004, 08:37 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Ziroc? When I tried to make a post a while ago, the page was loading super slow as if it was going to give me the usual error of not finding the site...but THIS TIME it was a white page that only said "Out of Memory" at the top of the page.
Old 04-18-2004, 11:08 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

That's more likely to be a problem on your PC, Larry. How much other stuff did you have open at the time? That (and applications that contain memory leaks) are often the problem.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 04-19-2004, 03:48 AM   #3
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Were it a server problem, you'd expect it to look like an IW error message, like the FYIs that show when Z's upgrading the forum software.
Were it a local memory problem, you'd expect it to be a Windows error message, rather than a browser error message.
Meaning, it's most probably a problem with the browser itself. If it becomes a regular thing, try using a different browser and see what (if any) error it gives you.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:30 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

It was definately not telling me that my memory was low. I have 1GB of memory. This was not a Windows message either. It looked exactly like what Ziroc does when he tells us that he has unplugged us for something. I was convinced when I saw it that he had been the one to write that message. That is why I asked in the first place.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:39 PM   #5
Cienden
Manshoon

I just had some CGI error page come up when trying to load this forum. But it loaded on a second try.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:57 PM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Wow, it was our server. I had a popup say 'Out of Virtual Memory". and THIS has never happened before, and the server has been running without a reboot for a LONG time--sometimes Months without a reboot.

What I think caused this was the latest MS Update. It turned ON a service that is called "Microsoft Media File MDM". And this somehow caused the other bug in WIN 2000--the 'cannot unload registry' to also pop up. So I nixed the service, and it's disabled now. I don't need Windows Media crap ON. Seems this patch created a new bug.

I have a virtual Memory of 3GB, and Ram at 1GB. So it's not anything with memory. I have this server tweaked to the max, with reg settings, and all.. ALL services that don't need to be on are killed too.

Everything should be fine now [img]smile.gif[/img] (Knock on pressed wood) Thanks Larry for the heads up!!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 04-20-2004, 12:08 AM   #7
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I had that same message when I tried to get on at about 7:50 east coast time. I just spent three hours trouble shooting my computer and then got on line for an hour to play Call of Duty with some friends. I just checked back in to see these posts and was I relieved you found the problem because I didn't find one on my end. First time I've ever seen the out of memory on IW. Thought maybe your Hard drive died again knock on Hardwood. LOL