Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2002, 05:21 AM   #1
Lord Delarue
The Magister

I know this has been asked sooooooo many times, but how exactly do you make your multiplayer party come to single player? I couldn't find a search function so help me on this one please(just like ya'll helped me on the other one, thx 4 that )
Old 04-07-2002, 05:28 AM   #2
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Nope... this isnt asked very often... but neway.. U cant... it has to stay in multiplayer... U can import any ONE of the characters into a single player game from the start of SoA or ToB... but thats the best u can do.... U could change some NPC's to replicate ur Party with SK... but thats the best u could do.
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 05:34 AM   #3
Lord Delarue
The Magister

Ah, like that, i thought from the "perfect party" suggestions you had at gamebanshee, you could import your multiplayer party in single player, but apparently not, , but there are enough good npc's in the game, although i would like to make a self created party (with the kits in TDD, wow )
Old 04-07-2002, 06:39 AM   #4
Norbane
Dungeon Master

Actually, Glorfindel is mistaken.

Just start your multiplayer game, then save the game as "Transfer" (or something else, it doesn't matter). Then go into your Baldurs gate 2 directory. Take the file labeled "Transfer" from your multiplayer save folder and move it into your regular save folder. Simple as that.

Have fun with it.
Norbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 05:35 PM   #5
Lord Delarue
The Magister

Thx 4 reply's
Old 04-08-2002, 06:07 AM   #6
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

You make a party right? save in the game, name it whatever you want, and then go to the installation path of BG, then look in saves\multiplayer\"whatever folder" then copy paste into the single player folder save files... don't have to change the labels
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 08:03 AM   #7
Cannibal Monkey
The Magister

What happens to the plot if you don't take Imoen, Jaheira or Minsc at the start (because of your dream party)?
Old 04-09-2002, 01:08 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cannibal Monkey:
What happens to the plot if you don't take Imoen, Jaheira or Minsc at the start (because of your dream party)?
It won't affect the main plot much. You just lose some party interaction and sub-quests related to the NPCs.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 04:30 PM   #9
Finn McCool
Dungeon Master

I'm playing BG2 for the second time as a multi player converted to single. I definitely recommend it since you get to play a bunch of pure character classes of your own choosing, while still being able to have a pure thief (other then Yoshimo) in the party. I carry 4 of my own creation, my romantic interest and then I swap out other NPC's in order to do all the quests.
Finn McCool is offline   Reply With Quote