Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-27-2001, 01:07 AM   #1
Juge

Ok...I'm at the final part of the asylum in Chapter 4 (where you fight Irenicus), and in every walkthrough I've seen, it says that after you beat on him enough, he runs away and leaves a bunch of assassins for you to fight. WELL, everyone is dead except for my party and Irenicus and I keep hitting him for like 10 minutes straight, inflicting easliy over 1000 points of damage, but his hitpoints just remain at 'Near Death' and he never runs away! Did anyone else have this problem, or can someone help me? PLEASE HELP!!!

Old 10-27-2001, 01:28 AM   #2
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Juge
1stly, welcome to IW! I daresay it is one of the friendliest boards around. Drop by at the General Discussions forum when you have the time!

On to your query - it seems to me that this is a bug. Have you installed the latest patch? If you have maybe you could reload from an earlier save and try again.

OTOH, you could go to Baldurdash - there are many, many unofficial fixes and tweaks available to suash almost all of the bugs that the official patches didn't get.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 10-27-2001, 02:13 AM   #3
tehmpus
The Magister

You might want to try some of those instant death type spells. That might jog the computer into continuing the story.

------------------
Tehmpus Thales the permanently InSaNe
Old 10-27-2001, 08:54 AM   #4
daan
Silver Dragon

These types of bugs allways come from the dialogue-problem ...
Irenicus is not supposed to die in that first fight, but the "near-death"-fase
should trigger a dialogue and him leaving.
For instance:
If you fight bodhi with an protection from undead scroll she will never die, because the scroll wont allow her to say her last dying words.
It seems probable, that in this case too, you're doing something that doesnt allow Irenicus to talk to you. Though I cant really think of anything ...
Try to just simply fight him again, using allmost no protection from anything's.
So that way you'll know if that was the problem.

P.s. think about invisibility or something like that
anywayz, a reload will be required
hope this helps a little bit
Old 10-27-2001, 01:26 PM   #5
Seraph
Quintesson

Did you feeblemind him? That can screw up triggers pretty well sometimes.