Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-18-2001, 03:48 PM   #1
BLACK KNIGHT

SO. What would happen if you told Yo-Boy to go for a flying leap at in the first chapter? Killed him, whatever. What would that do to the plot line? Just a thought . . .

Old 01-18-2001, 04:04 PM   #2
Khanar Tor'vel

I bet you can't "chunk" him. I also bet the game would just recreat him when it need him if you did kill him.

Old 01-18-2001, 04:35 PM   #3
G.W.

Someone obviously doesn't know how to preserve Yoshimo or realize how powerful he is as a fighter-thief, potentially the second best fighter in the game.

Besides it wouldn't make a difference, if he's not in the party in chapter 4, he's not in the plot.

Old 01-18-2001, 04:39 PM   #4
Kuthuman

I killed him, it only effects the story if you have him in your party while you go to the asylum. Also in answer to your why kill him, you have to any ways, so why not speed up the process?

Old 01-18-2001, 04:44 PM   #5
G.W.

You lose out on a quest if you kill him ahead of time. He doesn't fight you if he's left behind. Also, you can keep him in your party the whole game if you like, just as you may be able to preserve underdark items. That's what I was referring to in saying you can preserve Yoshimo.

Old 01-18-2001, 06:16 PM   #6
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Hey BK, did you get any books yet? Just curious.
Old 01-18-2001, 08:10 PM   #7
Squirrel's_Avenger

how can you preserve Yoshimo? I've tried everything. My favorite was turning him to stone and then reviving him when i returned from the asylum. he immediately exploded. I would love to use Yoshi the whole game. Please spoil on that point. I just want to hear his speech at the final battle. "Uhhhhhm...... How the hell did I get here?"

Old 01-18-2001, 09:59 PM   #8
G.W.

Maybe he explodes at the final battle. (Dunno, will have to try to get him through). Anyway... one way is to leave him behind before Irenicus in Chap 4. He will die as soon as you see him again. Thus the best place to leave him should be the inn at Spellhold, right next to the door. Pause as soon as you get in and talk to him and invite him into the group, he dies, then resurrect.
Another possibility is killing him so he is grayed out before you enter the Asylum, then raising him after Imoen is standing around. See if this works.

Old 01-18-2001, 10:40 PM   #9
G.W.

Ha ha you evil Yoshimo killers--you lost out on 200,000 exp!

Old 01-19-2001, 12:11 AM   #10
G.W.

OK, I just tried the "dead Yoshimo in the party" trick and it doesn't work. Irenicus gives the same old speech and Yoshimo is removed from the party. Perhaps you can restore that game where Yoshimo is petrified and as soon as he is turned to flesh you pause and talk to him and get him in the party.