Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2004, 05:47 AM   #1
beli
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hello to you all!!!

in the last day i have been tring to carry the statue in Anephas shrine and the game is crashing all the time. i have a windows xp pro. i know that this is the problem but is their any thing i can do?

I have downloded the patch with no luck to fixing that.

please help!!!!!!!!!!

beli
Old 07-21-2004, 06:52 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

No I know this problem very well. I cannot carry items at all, only push them. The problem is caused by incompatibilities between Neanderthal Technology and W&W. Most likely, you will also find out that you cannot use items, like keys or pick axe, because the game also crashes. What to do?

- The crash usually occurs when you are trying to carry an item and the mouse leaves the carryied object (or some spot on it). Nevertheless, the game can crash anytime. Once you click the object, try to keep the mouse on it. You'd better go backwards with the object and drag the object "before yourself".
If you have finished moving the object then switch away from "carry object" to something else by means of your keyboard. Note that the mouse will leave the moved object when you try to switch away from "carry" by the mouse.
The same method should be used with keys and similar objects. Click the keyhole and switch away from "use object" by means of the keyboard. Note: using potions or scrolls does not seem to crash the game.

- Always try to replace "carry" by pushing the objects.

- The crash is often "timed". You can start carrying the object but the game crashes anyway after a short while. Even if you do nothing and only wait. Therefore, do not try to carry objects to a far distance. If you must then carry the object a bit, switch away from carrying, save game, carry the object a bit, and so on.

- If you have problems in Anephas Shrine then check whether you can carry light obelisks. If you cannot at all (my case) then give up recreating Anephas. Luckily, you can "pass" the Shrine by means of the Vanish spell. Leave the Shrine and go west to the "forest". Check the forest and find a place, where you can see a strip of "sand" behind the forest. Save the game, orient yourself in the direction to the sand and cast Vanish. You will occur behind the Shrine. Therefore, do everything in the Shrine except building the "light path", leave the Shrine and Vanish behind it.
As far as the statues are concerned. In my case, the guardians can be moved if you are careful (see above). The statue cannot be moved but it does not matter. You can reach the area behind the statue from "below" by moving a guardian. Obelisks of light - no chance.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:15 AM   #3
beli
Elite Waterdeep Guard

GOD THANK U U ARE THE BEST~!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2004, 09:51 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Does the patch make a difference for either of you?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 02:49 AM   #5
Eagle eye
Elminster

I have XP Pro and found that you can change the compatibility mode by right clicking the icon and looking in properties.
Sure, the graphics are not quite as sharp, but it gets the job done.
Eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 09:11 AM   #6
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Does the patch make a difference for either of you?
No the patch generally doesn't fix this, it's still for win95/98 so.

However, what you could try is to download the application compatibility tools from msdn and use that instead of the compatibility mode. It has lots of more tweaks and works a whole lot better than the built in compatiblity mode.

When I get home, next week, I'll play around with it some more and see if I can make a guide or something. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-29-2004, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 10:14 AM   #7
Radek
Red Dragon

Rrrraugh! SP3! It prevents networking an OS/2 computer with a winblows2000 computer! We have to use SP2. (Note: we do not trust SP4 so far - too small expreicence). Oh, well...
Old 07-29-2004, 03:52 PM   #8
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Radek:
Rrrraugh! SP3! It prevents networking an OS/2 computer with a winblows2000 computer! We have to use SP2. (Note: we do not trust SP4 so far - too small expreicence). Oh, well...
Well Sp4 is running stable here and so far it's a lot better than SP3. Of course I haven't tried networking an OS/2 computer. I'll check through the hard drives when I get home. I might have an older version of the toolkit lying around somwhere since I never bother to remove old stuff. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2004, 02:33 PM   #9
WillowIX
Apophis

Nope sorry Radek. I usually save all kinds of freeware and windows stuff for safe keeping. But apparently I've removed this one.