Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2004, 02:22 AM   #1
Jorath Calar
Harper

I thought I would just post this site here. This isn't just some angry hack-kids, but business people who have lost their money to Paypal. Read the forums, the bottom line is if you havn't had trouble with Paypal, you soon will

this post, I think is especially interesting.

I'm sure glad I never signed up...
Old 05-22-2004, 06:33 AM   #2
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I deal with cash or money orders only. There is way to many bad people out there with the knowledge to get whatever they want. Not me!
Old 05-22-2004, 07:19 PM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Propaganda...

Paypal is not out there to steal people. They get enough money legally. Why would they risk legal?

I've seen a website that say Bush is part of an alien/demon conspiracy to destroy the world...
Old 05-22-2004, 08:19 PM   #4
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
I've seen a website that say Bush is part of an alien/demon conspiracy to destroy the world...
Yes, but that is pretty absurd since a lot of people don't believe in having aliens/demons take over the world. I did a research paper a while ago on cloning, and that had stuff in it about Raelians (spelling?) trying to clone humans because aliens told them to do it, and that sounds as messed up as the Bush thing. But the PayPal thing is credible. I personally know people that have lost money with PayPal and never gotten it back, so I'd believe that site.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Old 05-22-2004, 08:31 PM   #5
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

The bottom line is that Paypal is a well-established, multi-million dollar company that is not out to rip people off (the crappy service charges aside). This does not take away from the fact that you absolutely can lose money to Paypal through risky or fraudulent transactions. If they deem a transfer as questionable, they can choose to withhold the funds someone is due. Also, errors in the system can cause freezes, leaving money in limbo, meaning everyone loses out. Unfortunate, but what can y'do.

[ 05-22-2004, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: Arledrian ]
Old 05-22-2004, 08:45 PM   #6
Jorath Calar
Harper

Well, let me just say I never used Paypal and had no experience or opinion of it until I saw this site.

But Arledrian, if you found out your bank had as many unhappy customers as Paypal does (just look at the forum, they are filled with stories about people losing their money through completly normal transaction), or found out they were draining your account for no reason at all, would you still do business with them? would you trust them with your money?

I just hate to think that one day Ziroc will find his account frozen, due to that someone made a mistake when donating, lose all the money on the account and get a bill from Paypall for the amount and have to shut IW down.

Such things have happened...
Old 05-22-2004, 08:57 PM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Paypal is fine, look, there will always be someone that gets pissed and decided to make their mark. Paypal is a GREAT service, and have done AWESOME for me, and 99.9999% of everyone else.

PS: Don't believe everything you read on websites Jorath.. Closing this.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album