Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2003, 01:59 PM   #11
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
I think I was the first member to ever return after a ban [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]
If you, or the great mods don't mind me asking, wotchado?
Old 11-09-2003, 02:36 PM   #12
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Our Resident Dentist, Phil. "Can I drill you for that?"
AAH i remember that guy! lol! It was funny the first time [img]tongue.gif[/img]

There was also a member named -vixen who made a controversial "cafe" and pissed some members as well as some mods off [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Yup, I definately remember her. That was around the good ol times when there were like 1000 cafes opening up. Then she got banned. She came back, and got banned again. FOr me it begs the question, 'how the hell does someone get banned twice'
Old 11-09-2003, 02:58 PM   #13
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Our Resident Dentist, Phil. "Can I drill you for that?"
AAH i remember that guy! lol! It was funny the first time [img]tongue.gif[/img]

There was also a member named -vixen who made a controversial "cafe" and pissed some members as well as some mods off [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Yup, I definately remember her. That was around the good ol times when there were like 1000 cafes opening up. Then she got banned. She came back, and got banned again. FOr me it begs the question, 'how the hell does someone get banned twice'
[/QUOTE]How, you ask? By not learning from former mistakes...

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Old 11-09-2003, 03:41 PM   #14
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Just out of curiousity, did that Istaron get banned? Or did he just leave? I remember a certain topic called 'Final Fantasy XXX' that didn't go down to well as I remember This was quite A while ago actually
Old 11-09-2003, 03:43 PM   #15
Melusine
Dracolisk

Istaron was banned after some totally inappropriate comment about Lioness, if I recall correctly. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2003, 04:07 PM   #16
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Yeh I remember he was 'walking on thin ice' for a while so to say [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2003, 04:21 PM   #17
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I remember one of the newer members, Tyrannus (spelling???) was cursing off someone in the Throne of Bhaal Forum (I think he was cursing off like, Pirengle or someone who's username started with 'P'). He got a 2 week suspension, but he never came back. I remember the mods then made a thread about behavior and stated that if this happened again, the person(s) involved would get a warning, then a 2 week suspension, then a ban.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Old 11-09-2003, 04:32 PM   #18
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

It's quite simple. If you show, either by one act causing gross offense, or by a pattern of behaviour that you can't abide by the rules and regulations of IW, then you will be banned.

Sometimes, a suspension rather than an outright ban will be imposed to give a cooling off period.

It's to the credit of the membership here that the Mods generally find out pretty quickly who is going postal and they get dealt with as soon as possible.

There will always be those who just can't handle the fact that this place has survived as long and as vigorously as it has because it's fairly strictly controlled, both by the self-policing of the membership and when necessary, by the Mods and Ziroc.

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 11-09-2003, 04:41 PM   #19
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Big Bagger was banned quickly if I remember correctly [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2003, 04:49 PM   #20
Link
Jack Burton

I don't mind you asking, Bozos. It's not that I'm proud of my behaviour concerning the ban or something like it (on the contrary!) that I posted that I was the first to be 'unbanned'. It was just that since then the 'suspension' idea came through (which was used a couple of times).

I was banned simply because I was being rude to Ziroc. It was in the time that the Roleplaying Forum was still relatively new, and I had started a thread entitled "The Sniggering Lions -- The Lair" or something close. It was about a new clan called the Sniggering Lions whose duty it was to bring back laughter to Ironworks. The name "Sniggering Lions" derives from another clan called the "Laughing Hyena's".

The thread itself was nothing special: we were just posting, frolicking around, but not much roleplaying was done in it. Larry objected to this by saying that if we didn't start roleplaying soon, he'd have to lock the thread and move it. I was like: "hey hang on, I thought the roleplaying board was for all the clans out there", but that apparently was not the case. The 'dispute' was settled eventually, but Ziroc decided that we still weren't roleplaying, so he deleted the thread.
I was really pissed off (that was the teenage lad in me) because he had deleted it, and not just moved it. I started a topic called "On maturity" in which I 'thanked' Ziroc for deleting the thread. Add some angry smilies and you've got yourself a downright insult to the moderator.
Instead of taking the topic down again, as A LOT of members suggested I did before Ziroc came to read it, I let it stay and Ziroc eventually read it, deleted it and banned me from Ironworks, which was his given right to do. I absolutely hold no grudge to him for that, because now I understand that I was indeed the one who was wrong back then.

OK. Some four months later, due to mainly Sazerac, Memnoch and Cloudy (the mods) and some members (Azurewolf, Hiram Sedai etc.) Ziroc eventually lifted the ban, stole me 500 posts (and I was just out of Emerald Dragon hell, so I've been in far deeper than any of you ).

Hope that cleared things up. [img]smile.gif[/img] Just don't hope I'm opening a can of worms here. Remember that the mods and Ziroc are justified to do such things, and usually they are right, even if they seem biased to you.