Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-01-2001, 04:05 AM   #1
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

There! She is back in customary gown but shakes her handfull of tinkley bells and takes a deep whiff of the lone flower. Mmmmmm! We sure can throw a party!!! She salutes her sisters of the Ladies Guild, where ever they may be at this late hour. Good job, my sisters! And to all the men-folk who blessed us with their presence, and here she curtseys deeply. She conjures her favorite (ice-cold sparklebeer), holds the glass high to toast the empty Inn, in her heart full of all the happy times it's held. "Congrats, Zeeke! Good job!" And she blows him a kiss, to land on his handsome cheek in, oh (here she glances at her bejeweled timepiece), approximately 34.487 minutes...

Oh, my! If walls could talk! Hmmmmm! That gives me an idea! Be right back!!! And she rushes out, determined look on her face!

------------------
Proprietor of The Moon's Hope Inn
Conspirator...Um, I mean, member of the Ladies Guild
Smitten by The.Relic

[This message has been edited by LadyRae (edited 04-01-2001).]
Old 04-01-2001, 04:20 AM   #2
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Yay... another Moon's Hope!

------------------

"Watch your back" - Sylent
Master Thief of the OHF
Old 04-01-2001, 04:22 AM   #3
Epona
Zartan

OH NO - Did I miss a party???? WAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAA

I went out for my birthday celebration last night - and it was a bit of a disaster. I had planned to meet some friends in a pub and go to a restaurant. The problems started early on. I invited 10 or 12 friends, but arrangements were a bit haphazard because I really couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery at the best of times, and I had not been feeling well.

On Friday, my bf had said that he would confirm the last minute arrangements with a couple of people to help me out - but he forgot, left his address book with phone numbers in at work, so there were a couple of people I couldn't phone to let them know.

Saturday during the day, I got phonecalls from a couple of friends who were ill and couldn't come along.

I hadn't had replies to my e-mails to 2 people, and I didn't have their phone numbers to contact them.

Saturday night I went to the pub to meet up with the remaining few and the pub was closed.

I ended up with myself, my bf and two VERY GOOD friends who had managed to turn out to celebrate my 30th. We ended up going to a cheap restaurant where we have all been hundreds of times before, simply because by that time I was so disheartened that I couldn't be bothered. I did have a nice time, but it was not the 30th birthday celebration that I would have hoped for. I am very grateful that I have a couple of really good friends who would drop everything to come see me. The two who were ill is not their fault, I will catch up with them in a couple of weeks, and have a belated drink with them when they are both better, but probably individually, as one lives in London and the other in my home town. So my party never really happened, and I missed the party here too.

I now have to spend the rest of the weekend writing essays which are already late and which I don't have enough books myself to be able to have enough material & sources to write a good essay, and I can't get to the library.

So I need a bit of cheering up.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.
Old 04-01-2001, 04:25 AM   #4
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Its late in the evening here...
whats this "Dawn" business?

------------------

Master Thief of the OHF

[This message has been edited by sylent (edited 04-01-2001).]
Old 04-01-2001, 04:41 AM   #5
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Sounds like a really bad day...

I can assure you, we all have them!
My mum tried to organise a party, and only 2 out of 8 people turned up, and even though this didn't happen to me, I knew what it was like.
I am affraid you did miss a party of sorts, but don't worry, I am sure there will be another one.
Keep smiling - to yourself most of all

------------------

Master Thief of the OHF
Old 04-01-2001, 05:04 AM   #6
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Epona=>

I've had party's like that... *SIGH* I'm glad you weren't alone, though! Um, would you join our Ladies Guild??? We would be most glad to have you! We only ask that you add your membership status to your sig. Again, Happy Birthday, Lady! Many, many more to you!

------------------
Smitten by The.Relic

[This message has been edited by LadyRae (edited 04-01-2001).]
Old 04-01-2001, 05:06 AM   #7
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by sylent:

Hey, Sylent! How are ya?

------------------
Smitten by The.Relic

Old 04-01-2001, 05:13 AM   #8
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by sylent:

You tell 'em Sylent. Let them know timezones exist!

------------------
"Check the sustain on this one ... aaaaaaaa, I mean you could go out for a bite and there'd still be aaaaaaaaa"

"Can I touch it?"
"No. It can't be played"
"Can I look at it?
"No we've seen enough of that one....."

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 04-01-2001, 05:19 AM   #9
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
OH NO - Did I miss a party???? WAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAA

I went out for my birthday celebration last night - and it was a bit of a disaster. I had planned to meet some friends in a pub and go to a restaurant. The problems started early on. I invited 10 or 12 friends, but arrangements were a bit haphazard because I really couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery at the best of times, and I had not been feeling well.

On Friday, my bf had said that he would confirm the last minute arrangements with a couple of people to help me out - but he forgot, left his address book with phone numbers in at work, so there were a couple of people I couldn't phone to let them know.

Saturday during the day, I got phonecalls from a couple of friends who were ill and couldn't come along.

I hadn't had replies to my e-mails to 2 people, and I didn't have their phone numbers to contact them.

Saturday night I went to the pub to meet up with the remaining few and the pub was closed.

I ended up with myself, my bf and two VERY GOOD friends who had managed to turn out to celebrate my 30th. We ended up going to a cheap restaurant where we have all been hundreds of times before, simply because by that time I was so disheartened that I couldn't be bothered. I did have a nice time, but it was not the 30th birthday celebration that I would have hoped for. I am very grateful that I have a couple of really good friends who would drop everything to come see me. The two who were ill is not their fault, I will catch up with them in a couple of weeks, and have a belated drink with them when they are both better, but probably individually, as one lives in London and the other in my home town. So my party never really happened, and I missed the party here too.

I now have to spend the rest of the weekend writing essays which are already late and which I don't have enough books myself to be able to have enough material & sources to write a good essay, and I can't get to the library.

So I need a bit of cheering up.

Hope you have a great year! Hooray!!!!!

------------------
"Check the sustain on this one ... aaaaaaaa, I mean you could go out for a bite and there'd still be aaaaaaaaa"

"Can I touch it?"
"No. It can't be played"
"Can I look at it?
"No we've seen enough of that one....."

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!

[This message has been edited by Yorick (edited 04-01-2001).]
Old 04-01-2001, 05:33 AM   #10
Epona
Zartan

Cheers folks!
The big day isn't actually until tomorrow (Monday 2nd April) - I've got the day off work, just me and bf - we will go out and do something interesting for the day.
Also my parents came to visit yesterday, brought some prezzies for me including some really nice candles (I love candles, flames are fascinating to watch! I much prefer them to electric lights) and also gave me some money towards getting a new graphics card, so the day wasn't a complete wash out. And I did have a nice time in the evening after I stopped panicking about the complete cock-up I made of the arrangements!

LadyRae: Tell me more about the Ladies Guild? Is it open to horsegoddesses?? Are there any official positions that need filling?

Oh, I just noticed I was a Zhent!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.