Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-16-2001, 03:54 PM   #1
Lord Shield

Bar re-opened business. The management (Memnoch) has the following to say:
OK I didn't want to have to do this. I thought that everyone would have the maturity and and courtesy to respect each other and self-moderate themselves without my having to issue a set of guidelines. Based on the last couple of Bar threads, looks like I was wrong.
Well, I'm a very simple person, really, so my guidelines (which I thought were obvious) are as follows:
1. No flaming of other people. Friendly ribbing is ok, but don't get personal and don't take things personally.
2. No spamming. Single word or single sentence posts are out. This is not intended to be a chat thread, you are all welcome to go to the General Discussion Forum if you want to chat. Posting about non-BG2 issues does not belong here. This includes posting about fluffies, pillow fights that go for 300 posts, or anything else that I can't find a remote BG2 connection on.
3. No profanity. It amazes me that people can behave so differently here as in RL. Unfortunately some people have been pushing the boundaries of this so I am asking you to restrain from it altogether.
Lord Shield and Melusine are the proprietors of this bar, please respect their requests. Please let me know if these guidelines are not being adhered to.
Thanks, let's try this all over again.
Staff Roster:
Lord Shield - proprietor
Melusine - Head of Staff and Wedgie coordinator
Azurewolf - bouncer. Check your weapomns with him on entry
Sil, Gamora and Jaheira - Waitresses
Cheesy - Earth Elemental does the cleaning
Tiddles - Son of the Tarrasque. Cute puppy most of the time
The Nishruu - tends bar when I'm not there
Troll cook from Windspear Hills does the cooking
To prevent earlier problems, NO GODS OR SUPER-BEINGS ALLOWED - I AM THE ONLY ONE HERE. Any problems and I start a character registering forum
Now - who ordered the Evermete Ale and who wanted the Forever Beer. BTW, Kors, your shop is finished now. And, before I forget - (hugs Melusine)

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 06-16-2001, 03:59 PM   #2
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
To prevent earlier problems, NO GODS OR SUPER-BEINGS ALLOWED - I AM THE ONLY ONE HERE. Any problems and I start a character registering forum

[/B]
No fair Tiax cant get in now.

------------------
Sigmar has only one foe,
and he is Tiax!
Old 06-16-2001, 04:00 PM   #3
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Ah is this really the end lord shield.

Too bad I really dont feel comftrable here anymore after seeing the end of the last bar.

Ill go for the dwarven ale and brood in the corner until someone tries to scream insults at me again, then I go.

------------------
Old 06-16-2001, 04:02 PM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

(ooc)
Thank you, Lord Shield. I hope this all works out for the best this time as I think you guys can really have a lot of fun here.

------------------
Old 06-16-2001, 04:12 PM   #5
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by jabidas:

Ill go for the dwarven ale and brood in the corner until someone tries to scream insults at me again, then I go.

Unfortunately you made up a character name identical to another member. Wouldn't worry too much about that. I'm not too ken on how Cavern behaved there either
We have plenty of dwarven ale, but the brood will take time as the shipment's just arrived. The queens are a bugger to fit in the oven

------------------

Old 06-16-2001, 04:16 PM   #6
BladeMaster

"Thanks LS. I will go setup shop now"

"Also besides being a Silversmith, I am also a Blacksmith, Armorer, Weaponsmith and a Gem cutter. So if anyone needs some work to be done just come up to my shop and I will do the work for you"

"Here are my rules concerning myself and other dwarves."

"Here are The Eleven Dwarven Axioms of Etiquette."

1. Be loyal and honorable to your king.
2. Honor your clan, your family, and your ancestors.
3. Stand by your word.
4. Never forget when you've been wronged.
5. Never turn your back on a friend in need.
6. Anger and Pride are both good for the spirit.
7. In the hearth, the woman is always right.
8. Never come between a dwarf and his weapon.
9. Never make light of another dwarf's beard.
10. Never make light of another dwarf's levelihood.
11. Honor those who have honored themselves.

------------------
By Clanggedin. What does a Dwarf have to do to get a drink around here. Say hi to my lover Tess.

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/evermeet

Old 06-16-2001, 04:19 PM   #7
jabidas
Silver Dragon

I dont see how that makes any difference Lord Shield since its not exactly the most remarkable name in the world is is I could have just as easily said James T Kirk what difference and does he ever actually say anything im likely to ever read or is he someone who posts in the things like editing item posts. whatever.

Enough of that and lets move on and go break something BG2 related.

------------------
Old 06-16-2001, 04:35 PM   #8
Lord Shield

Guess it's time to shift the bar. I think we permanently damaged Memnsy's fridge
Bang!
oops - not meant to do that
oh poo! we're drifting in space. I can see a Spelljammer ship heading this way. Looks like a giant ammonite

------------------

Old 06-16-2001, 04:40 PM   #9
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Neb, Kivan, Tiax and Razzen enter the Bar and go over to check in their weapons, Neb checks in: The Staff Of The Magi and Neb's Pillow Of Wah Whacking, Kivan checks in: Vorpal Blade, Fork Of Eating and Frying Pan Of Frying, Tiax checks in: Big Mace Of Bruising, and Razzen checks in: Two-handed sword +2, hand crossbow +1, a lot of bolts for the crossbow, light crossbow and 2 daggers +3.

After checking in their weapons they order some beer and look out of the window to see how close the other ship is, Neb then asks LS "Will we be allowed to use our weapons if the Mind Flayers board us?"

[This message has been edited by Neb (edited 06-16-2001).]
Old 06-16-2001, 04:42 PM   #10
Encard
Quintesson

Err... Bit of a question... WHat exactly is the bar? I mean, I understand the concept of a bar, but how exactly do you have one online? Or is it something else? Err... Just a bit confused here... *sigh*

------------------
Darkness will devour your soul...

[This message has been edited by Encard (edited 06-16-2001).]