Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-06-2001, 05:29 PM   #1
puzzled

I tried to send this message before but my ISP cut me off in my prime.
Anyway,I live in a bungalow with two bedrooms. I use the small bedroom to play BG2. I sleep in the other room with this woman. I think she`s my wife or something.
I bumped into her the other day when I was making my way into the kitchen to get another lager.
She looked at me blankly for a moment and said `Who are you? what are you doing in my house? Get out, before I call the police.`
I hate sarcastic people.
Anyway, that was the start of my problems. She`d remembered that I was still in the house and soon afterwards started saying things like `What about the garden?` or `Shouldn`t you put that shelf up in the kitchen?` Worst of all was `How about coming shopping with me?`
Then one day she discovered my print outs from this forum. She was amazed that I was corresponding with wizards,orcs and mages. She muttered something about having me sectioned.
And today she gave me an ultimatum. It seems that tomorrow is some anniversary or something. Oh yeah, that was it, we`ve been married thirty five years tomorrow and she wants me to go out shopping with her and afterwards buy her a present. I brightened up at the present bit, but decided she wouldn`t be impressed if I bought her a copy of Icewind Dale.
Anyway, tomorrow`s crunch time. She says that if I don`t promise to stay off the computer all day she`s going to see her solicitor. I`ve tried to tell her that I`m on chapter seven of BG2 but she just won`t listen.
What do you people think I should do? I mean, I am quite fond of her, but don`t you think she`s being unreasonable?
What should I do?

Old 02-06-2001, 05:41 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Nah, part of marriage is to understand each other and it is like an on-going investment, it's best to solve any potential problem before anything even get started. I say you should take sometime off the computer (computer needs to rest too ) and spend couple of days with her, buy her flowers, go to the movies, take her out to dinner....or cook her dinner (and try to avoid the "later take-out" part), maybe do some house/garden work together. Not just for "special days", everyday should be a special day, show her that you care. Just allocate time appropriately between family life/work/games.
Of course, this is just my personal opinion. Hope things work out for you dude! (no offence intended should you find any of the above offensive)

P.S. Valentine's Day is coming up next week.........
Old 02-06-2001, 05:42 PM   #3
Charlie
Lord Ao

Dire charm, charm, dire charm again, copious lagers, hold person..."brace yerself girl"
Old 02-06-2001, 05:45 PM   #4
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Maybe you could scan her and then insert her in the override file in BGII and start a romance thread with her? Although you might already have something going on there you might just want to use her as a tank or something, maybe put her way up front. Can she be summoned and what level spell might that be? Just a few thoughts on your dilemna~Pauly aka LoA
Old 02-06-2001, 05:47 PM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

, Charlie and LoA, you fellas are too much!!
Old 02-06-2001, 05:58 PM   #6
Stealth Bomber

You fetch your own lager???

Old 02-06-2001, 06:02 PM   #7
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

LOL Too funny Stealth!
Old 02-06-2001, 06:03 PM   #8
puzzled

What a great way to save time! Get her to fetch the lager! Brilliant!
What`s Valentines Day?

Old 02-06-2001, 06:08 PM   #9
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Valentines Day is the only day of the year when its perfectly legal to shoot arrows or crossbow bolts at your wife/girlfriend. Even if there are any legal problems the judge usually lets you off with a light scolding or if you are lucky enough to get a female judge a spanking.
Old 02-06-2001, 06:10 PM   #10
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Heehee.....how about sniper rifles? Or you can cover more area with a shotgun.