Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2005, 02:59 PM   #1
Halbarad1891
The Magister

I'm having some problems with the final battle, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

I have BGT, so the game doesn't end after I kill "S".
I killed "T" relatively easily (even though I killed him at the Camp. Bug in BGT?).
Next I killed "S", which was difficult.
Now I just have to kill "A" and "Sj". This is the problem.
Their Arrows of Detonation are destroying me. My main tanks are both at half health from the battle with "S", I'm out of healing spells, scrolls, and potions, and I'm low on useful battle spells in general. Most of my spells don't do much anyway. I can't rest or leave the building, and I've tried pretty much all the different methods I can think of.
I did manage to kill them once, but that was only because "Sj" was attacking me (hand to hand) while "A" was shooting, so basically "A" killed "Sj"... and also half my party (body destroyed, so no resurrection).
I've got a save after "S" died, so I just have to worry about those last two.

Except my mage, no one is above a AC of 0, my tanks have ACs around -8. I haven't identified "S" and "T"'s stuff yet, so maybe there is something in there I can use.

I've almost killed them a few times, but then one of my NPCs wander to the side of the room and cause a Battle Horror to spawn, which kills me.
Also, things got a little wonky after killing "S", my NPCs will start to randomly wander around, and will randomly switch weapons. Maybe because I'm past the "end" of the game... (?)

Thanks for any suggestions with A and Sj.
Halbarad1891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 04:21 PM   #2
Halbarad1891
The Magister

Also, does anyone know how the transfer works at the end? I was told that there was a cut scene or something, then you were transported to one of the Tales maps so you could start that section... I loaded up the save I made when I beat A and Sj (with the dead NPCs), and walked around the room, but nothing happened, no cut scene or anything. And the door is still "closed".
So any ideas on how to move forward? Do I have to kill S last of all?

Thanks.
H
Halbarad1891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 06:35 PM   #3
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

I don't know how BGT works, but you don't need everyone to survive the battle with the Armored Fiend. Only you need to survive.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 04:23 AM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

"T"'s resurrection during the game is just something that happens, even in basic BG1, provided you killed him during the course of the game that is.

Find some way of drawing A and Sj apart. Try to get their area-of-effect attacks out of the picture by using speed or stealth to get them into melee combat as quickly as you can.

If your party members are doing weird things, turn off your AI.

Consider intentionally making the Battle Horrors spawn, so that they don't do so when you're already busy with someone else.