Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2001, 11:53 AM   #81
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Just a note: Generally as a rule ignore most of my serious posts
I generally have an aversion to faith in anything be it religion or patriotism so I naturally find some way to disagree with most of these. I still stand by my statements i made in the previous posts but again its only my 2c. And I dont mind to see people disagree with it I dont care its not going to change my opinion and im not trying to change others. So particually in any religious threads you see me post in I will be as pessimistic as possible because on a whole to me all religion is just an annoying waste of time and only leads to trouble. So if people are going left and right saying god bless this and god bless that and I get annoyed and blow up a bit at it ignore it cos im just letting off steam. I dont think I have done so yet but its good to have an advance warning

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 09-13-2001, 11:55 AM   #82
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well said, Donut. I have no idea why Liliara addressed that to me. I suspect she's mistaken someone's comment for mine.

Very good discussion going here, btw.

CB

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-13-2001, 11:57 AM   #83
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:

And Cloudy, please don't lump all Americans in your comments of us being more interested in sports than in world news. It IS there. If you are individually not interested, that's your choice.

*cough*

Cloudy didn't say anything about sport...it was Dio.

------------------
Old 09-13-2001, 11:58 AM   #84
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Exactly why I won't respond to Silver Cheetah.

You don't HAVE to spoil things by responding to me in an agressive fashion, Dragonmage!

What's the problem? I've just checked my posts, and all seems quite in order, if not everyone's cup of tea. If you don't agree with me, why not say so? It's a free country, n'est pas??

By the way, further to my arms comment above, ... I forgot to mention that the US is the world's largest exporters of arms, exporting four times as much as the dear old UK, which comes in second. Peace, purrrfect peace......

I'm sure there must be stats somewhere as to just who the arms went to. Although if your ruling lot are anything like ours, there's bound to have been a few cover ups when it comes to supplying certain parts of the world. Twouldn't do to look greedy or stupid......... now would it? Kind of cuts away the high moral ground that politicians prefer to stand upon, especially when there's war in the offing.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Silver Cheetah (edited 09-13-2001).]
Old 09-13-2001, 12:00 PM   #85
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

I'm afraid that the majority of Americans show little or no interest in world affairs.

And I am afraid that niether do most Brits

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-13-2001, 12:01 PM   #86
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
*cough*

Cloudy didn't say anything about sport...it was Dio.
AHHHH! Thanks, Memsy! I was scrolling through the entire thread from page one to try and find where I might have said anything related to it. LOL!! Had to refresh and caught this! You just saved some wear on these old eyes!

CB

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-13-2001, 12:02 PM   #87
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
Just a note: Generally as a rule ignore most of my serious posts
I generally have an aversion to faith in anything be it religion or patriotism so I naturally find some way to disagree with most of these. I still stand by my statements i made in the previous posts but again its only my 2c. And I dont mind to see people disagree with it I dont care its not going to change my opinion and im not trying to change others. So particually in any religious threads you see me post in I will be as pessimistic as possible because on a whole to me all religion is just an annoying waste of time and only leads to trouble. So if people are going left and right saying god bless this and god bless that and I get annoyed and blow up a bit at it ignore it cos im just letting off steam. I dont think I have done so yet but its good to have an advance warning

LOL Not a problem.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-13-2001, 12:05 PM   #88
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
And I am afraid that niether do most Brits

What are you basing that comment on Morodin?

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!
Old 09-13-2001, 12:08 PM   #89
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

If the World Trade Center was based in Europe, Australia, Japan, or even the middle east, this tragedy would have been given just as much coverage on a world-wide level. It was not soley Americans who had interest there...it was the world. Many foreign countries had banks set up in that building...to think that this does not affect them on a financial as well as an emotional level is (politely) blind.

There have been many acts on a lesser scale that have not gotten 24 hour coverage, but keep in mind that this was not a small scale attack, nor an attack on just Americans. International companies lost their businesses and the lives of potentially thousands of their people as well. It cannot even be compared to a car bombing outside any local government office in any country, Oklahoma City included.

As a couple of examples, I do remember almost non-stop coverage for days on end when earthquakes nearly leveled Mexico City and India, killing tens of thousands in both incidents. This country did not turn a blind eye. Our corporations flew medical teams, medical supplies as well as food and water by the tons to help out.
Natural tragedies and ones incited by terrorism are not separated by any level of importance...any tragedy on this scale that affects one country or the whole world get noticed.

I like what you said here. Thanks!

------------------

Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.
Old 09-13-2001, 12:10 PM   #90
Moni

You Betcha!
You are very welcome!

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 09-13-2001).]