Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 05:29 PM   #81
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Well, I don't like Bush either (common knowledge here). That is my business. I hope he does the right thing, because that is what's best for this country and just as important for this world.

You Go Bush! Make me proud of you! I would welcome it!

Mark

There we go, that's the attitude! You don't have to like the man, but respect the posisition and lets give him a shot. When all is said and done, we can judge, but until we're through this, lets stand behind the office at least.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 05:33 PM   #82
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I don't even count on him doing anything constructive, as long as he is at his position, the world knows USA still has fight. and symbolically "lead" US through hard times.

it would be a terrible moral failure that he loss his position, let along other consequencies
Old 09-11-2001, 06:02 PM   #83
Donut
Jack Burton

QUOTE]Originally posted by Avatar:
What are you apologising for??? Anyway we all make mistakes for voting for Bush (just kidding!!!! I take that back quickly) No I am sure Bush is doing what he can to help. He must be safe or the country will be unled.
Anyway, you can't all fit in AirForce1 anyway.

[/QUOTE]

Avatar, I know other board members have criticised your behaviour on this subject. From the very beginning your reactions have been flippant and insulting. Your comment about how to react to the perpertrators of this atrocity was 'Azure Wolf should bite their ass'. People have defended you but there really is no excuse. This is not a joke, many thousands of people have been killed, more than that, this is an attack on our way of life.

I see that you are attending Cambridge University so I know you are not a child. Frankly I despair for the future of our country if people like you are going to get University degrees. The British have a reputation for irreverent humour but I'm afraid you have misjudged the situation totally and have grossly overstepped the mark.

I have been on this board for 11 months and this is the first time that I have felt the need to criticise another board member. As an Englishman I have been deeply embarrassed by your comments.

To you Americans, I went to the pub tonight, the TV was on and a full pub was watching the news in virtual silence. It may not be much consolation but in my discussion with others in the pub I can tell you that we share your outrage, we share your disbelief and we share your frustration. This is not just an attack on the US, it is an attack on the whole of the Western world and on our whole way of life.

There are many questions to be asked and answered but this is not the time. When things calm down a bit these difficult problems will be addressed. Please desist from the sort of bickering which has been going on on this thread. I hope that we can debate these in the true spirit of IW.

BTW - a minute silence was held at all of the Champions League football matches tonight.

BTW2 - the sight of Palestinians dancing in the streets of Jerusalem today was sickening.

[This message has been edited by Donut (edited 09-11-2001).]
Old 09-11-2001, 06:12 PM   #84
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
[B]QUOTE]Originally posted by Avatar:
What are you apologising for??? Anyway we all make mistakes for voting for Bush (just kidding!!!! I take that back quickly) No I am sure Bush is doing what he can to help. He must be safe or the country will be unled.
Anyway, you can't all fit in AirForce1 anyway.

Quote:

Avatar, I know other board members have criticised your behaviour on this subject. From the very beginning your reactions have been flippant and insulting. Your comment about how to react to the perpertrators of this atrocity was 'Azure Wolf should bite their ass'. People have defended you but there really is no excuse. This is not a joke, many thousands of people have been killed, more than that, this is an attack on our way of life.

I see that you are attending Cambridge University so I know you are not a child. Frankly I despair for the future of our country if people like you are going to get University degrees. The British have a reputation for irreverent humour but I'm afraid you have misjudged the situation totally and have grossly overstepped the mark.

I have been on this board for 11 months and this is the first time that I have felt the need to criticise another board member. As an Englishman I have been deeply embarrassed by your comments.

To you Americans, I went to the pub tonight, the TV was on and a full pub was watching the news in virtual silence. It may not be much consolation but in my discussion with others in the pub I can tell you that we share your outrage, we share your disbelief and we share your frustration. This is not just an attack on the US, it is an attack on the whole of the Western world and on our whole way of life.

There are many questions to be asked and answered but this is not the time. When things calm down a bit these difficult problems will be addressed. Please desist from the sort of bickering which has been going on on this thread. I hope that we can debate these in the true spirit of IW.

BTW - a minute silence was held at all of the Champions League football matches tonight.

BTW2 - the sight of Palestinians dancing in the streets of Jerusalem today was sickening.

[This message has been edited by Donut (edited 09-11-2001).]

Thank you. Seriously.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB

[This message has been edited by MILAMBER (edited 09-11-2001).]
Old 09-11-2001, 06:20 PM   #85
MagiK

Thanks Milamber, this really was an attack on the western world and not just the USA, the WTC was a center for world commerce and this will have negative impacts on many countries...some of which are in the middle east and are places where people will starve now because of this action.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-11-2001, 06:31 PM   #86
skywalker
Banned User

The President will speak at 9:00 Eastern Time (US)

Mark
Old 09-11-2001, 06:31 PM   #87
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

edited for profanity

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 09-13-2001).]
Old 09-11-2001, 06:33 PM   #88
skywalker
Banned User

LOA I think you should delete this post and should be punished. What is wrong with you?

Mark
Old 09-11-2001, 06:34 PM   #89
MagiK

LOA, lets not bash each other, there are bigger problems at the moment, and as much as I disagree with her she does at least have the courage to stand by her convictions.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-11-2001, 06:34 PM   #90
skywalker
Banned User

Moderators! Where the HELL are you?!!!!

Mark