Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-14-2001, 06:30 AM   #11
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well seems like there is alot of new people at the BG2 forum, and well sooner or later people might find their way here. Hopefully they will and perhaps with us answereing and posting in the other thread will make them more "used" to our precense and see that we are no illwilling peope they might feel better in joining up here.

I think it should be called the Cafe of lost dreams or the croaling frogs bar...hehe

------------------

Do electric wolves dream of electric sheep?
Old 03-14-2001, 06:32 AM   #12
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
I think it should be called the Cafe of lost dreams or the (croaking) frogs bar...hehe
(LOL) I love the "cafe of lost dreams" Wolgir.

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-14-2001, 06:37 AM   #13
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
I think it should be called the Cafe of lost dreams or the croaling frogs bar...hehe
[/B]
Yes, Wolfie, very good name ! Now it's all up to Ziroc.

------------------
Old 03-14-2001, 01:40 PM   #14
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Hi all. As one who has spent a lot more time in the BG2 forum, I can say I like it. No offense to anyone here, but it's really nice to look on the first page and see so many new names with so many on-topic questions.

I think one way to get more people here is to change the name -- good suggestions so far. I also think if others were directed to post their off-topic stuff here it would help them read this board. I've noticed a few off-topics about AD&D, IWD, and Computer/Disk problems. If these were moved to this forum, you would catch interest on a few of the other off-topic discussions.

I tend to check in here about every other day or so -- even though I don't post here that often.
Old 03-14-2001, 01:50 PM   #15
Hesperex

Some very good points made here.
I think that the newbies will probably start posting on the Bg2/Iwd forum and if they like the communal feeling they will probably move into into the general discusiom board.

Nice to see you back Father Bronze

------------------

Master Assassin of the Holy Flame.
My website http://hesperex.8k.com

Old 03-14-2001, 04:30 PM   #16
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Hmm... the cafe of broken dreams, I like it!

------------------

"Watch your back" - Sylent
Master Theif of the OHF
Old 03-15-2001, 12:04 AM   #17
Lifetime
Red Dragon

As a newbie myself, I guess it's pretty intimidating to see the number of posts that you people reply with at every GD thread. It's rather hard to keep up for someone who has no idea as to what's going on (check out Memnoch's spammer thread), and a lot of the times most people are involved in their own discussions and conversations anyway so theres really very little room or opportunity for newbies to be in the spotlight. I like reading forums, but I've only registered recently because I've got a couple of opinions that I feel are worth hearing every now and then.
Just a thought.

------------------
Why?
Old 03-15-2001, 01:12 AM   #18
JJ/newbie

Good idea to rename the gd board, I personally like Adventurer's cafe, just because the lost dreams thing sounds sort of melancholy, and that is DEFINITELY not our bunch. Hmm... maybe we should call it the asylum?

------------------
When given a choice, take both.

Old 03-15-2001, 02:32 AM   #19
sylent
Emerald Dragon

I don't really like the name
"Cafe of broken dreams", it is just a special encounter in fallout 2. Adventurers Cafe sounds good though, and could be a lot more encouraging to a lot of people...

Lifetime: It is good to see you here! I know what you mean about large threads, they can be a bit imposing... I tend not to join in on the bigger discussions, becuase my thoughts and comments usually just get swallowed up. but I don't take it personally, because I know that knowone has the time to make individual comments... so I just keep and posting, because its just so... I don't know what it is actually

------------------

"Watch your back" - Sylent
Master Theif of the OHF
Old 03-15-2001, 02:43 AM   #20
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well I know its a cheap rip off. Adventurer cafe is perhaps a better one, hey now why don´t anyone starts a poll about this?

------------------

Do electric wolves dream of electric sheep?