Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2003, 10:17 AM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Hi there. I beat Daggerfall and I started to Morrowind. It looks very confusing. Can you gimme some beginning tips? About skills, levels, abilities, classes what to do etc? Thanks a lot. (level advance system is same as daggerfall?)
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 10:22 AM   #2
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

I'd say the best people are either nords or redguards, and pick something with strength and speed becasue morrowind is a huge place. Also, join a guild or something that will both make you richer and stronger, like the fighters guild.
Old 02-03-2003, 10:32 AM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

skills - the skills you put into major or minor which you think you will use the most.

levels - when either major and minor skill is increased by 10, you'll get level up.

abilities - emm..do you mean racial power? choose the race that you like.

classes - choose one that you like, you can also create custom one called adventurer. this enable you to freely put skills into major or minor skill.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 11:21 AM   #4
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

So the formula is, the total of any minor or major skill advancement by 10 = level, right?

I mean let's say my majors are

longblade
athletics
axe

minors

sneak
bow
jumping

My jump increases by 4. Longblade increases by 3. Axe increaes by 3 and I level up! right?

so I better get quickly increasing skills to level up. for fighter or rogue type what's your advice
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 01:42 PM   #5
B_part
Quintesson

longblade is the best melee skill - the best weapons in the game are longswords.
if you plan to be a mage, get blunt weapon - it's a favorite skill amongst spellcasting guilds.
an armor proficiency is absolutely required for any char - I'd suggest heavy 4 a warrior & light 4 anybody else.

besides these 2, which I would put as major skills (they are great level raisers), choose whatever you think suits your char.
Old 02-03-2003, 02:25 PM   #6
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

Yeah longblades are most common in this game
Old 02-03-2003, 08:03 PM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

also, you'll need markmanship. you can avoid a lot of fight by sniping enemies from far.

this is my chaarcter skills.
major = long blade , block , heavy armor , markmanship , sneak
minor = speechcraft , security , restoration , destruction, acrobatic.

ps. jumping is a lot faster than running.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 07:32 PM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Sign up with the Imperial cult early. You'll get good enchanted items out of it like the boots of the apostle. You need to travel to ebonheart if you want to join them, but it's worth it.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:19 PM   #9
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

Yeah great weapons and gadgets, but only do the quests that involve the persons upstairs, not the herb and medicine people downstairs...they don't get you far
Old 02-04-2003, 08:44 PM   #10
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

If you use a bow you will need to go out into the wild grasslands and hunt the Alit and the Kagouti (to build up your bow and or X-bow ability). These are the two Predeator that are all head with two leggs and teeth,with the Kagouti being the larger with large Horn like tusks protruding from the sides of their heads. They are only dangerous to low level characters (Level 1-18) so just climb up on a rock that is taller than the animals and pick them off with your bow.Make sure you have 300 or more arrows when you go on the hunt. You can Hunt Guar too just make sure they are wild ones because the farmers that raise the domestic ones will get hostile with you if you kill their pets. you can have fun killing those damn cliff racers Too and they will attack you as soon as you start shooting at them if they don't attack you first. Keep your eyes open all the time because the Nix Hounds will sneak up from behind and attack you without any warning and they will jump up on the rock with you if its not tall enough. Don't forget the Rats they make good targets and are a little harder to hit.
I suggest you build your bow skills up as soon as possibly.You will find them very useful later in the game when you learn to levitate. Then you can float above your targets and pick them off from above, if your bow stats are high enough and the higher the stats the higher the damage you will cause.