Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-18-2000, 12:47 AM   #1
PSI_Nova

hi guys, i just started in the game and found part of this jewel for a long swords
i was just woundering having seen the tips they always give u when loading your games, is it an artifact which can be make into the swords by a dwarf somewhere in the game. anyway WTH is level drain, what level drain i don't get it!!!!!! thx

Old 10-18-2000, 01:33 AM   #2
Tobbin
Red Dragon

The jewel you found is part of the sword the Great Equalizer. You have to find the hilt yet and yes, you take it to the Dwarf Cromwell. He will forge it for you, but it costs like 5000 gp. I can't remember, it's been awhile. Level drain is a function or attack that will remove levels of experience from a person. Say you are a 10th level fighter. If somebody uses this on you then you will be 9th level. This is immediate and can only be restored by the restoration spell (cleric). Many major undead will have this ability. So if you see your overall hitpoints go down, this is probably why.
Old 10-19-2000, 02:02 AM   #3
PSI_Nova

do u mean if the enemy is more powerful than u , your overall level will be remove, if this is true than does 'protection from evil' help? thx

Old 10-19-2000, 08:28 AM   #4
sneaksy

no certain creatures use this attack like wights shadows and vampires the only protection from this is negative plane protection if not and u do get drained use a restoration spell by your cleric or go to any temple and they will restore u for 750 gp

Old 10-19-2000, 08:36 AM   #5
Niktorius
Welcomed New User

The Resturation in a Temple 750! I pay 1250,- By the way I'm evil, but I have the Ring of Charisma or whatever it's called. My Carisma is at 18. Why.

Niktorius Bow Hit
Old 10-19-2000, 08:44 AM   #6
gunner

i think your rep has an effect on the price, thus if you are evil you mightn't have the hightest rep

Old 10-20-2000, 09:18 PM   #7
PSI_Nova

now that expensive...........is there other ways to restore level drain, i have no cleric with me at the moment..... nah that is ok thx guys

Old 10-20-2000, 11:14 PM   #8
Gecko

there is a spell called restoration (priest)