Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-19-2000, 03:53 PM   #1
Jon Crichton

I've seen a number of posts were folks are talking about dual-classing from a Ranger to a Cleric. Sounded kinda cool, so I thought I'd try it out. I created a Human Ranger (Chaotic Good)with ST 17 DEX 13 CON 18 INT 12 WIS 18 CHAR 11 . When I started the new game and went to the Records screen, the Dual-class option was greyed-out.

It appears that all of my stats are OK. What am I missing? I'm playing BG2 with a Fighter now, but on the next go-round, I'd like to try the Ranger/Cleric combo. BTW, I've only created multi-classed characters in BG, ToSC, IWD. Kinda new to the dual-classing thing.

Old 10-19-2000, 04:03 PM   #2
traerthe

I think you gotta hit 2nd level before you can dual-class. Shouldn't take too long.

Old 10-19-2000, 04:20 PM   #3
scourge

i dont think you can dc paladins, rangers or druids

Old 10-20-2000, 04:26 AM   #4
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Yes, you can dual class Rangers, but they have to be the first class you have. As for why you couldn't select it, you have to double check your stats. You need like 17 wisdom or something to class change, and you have to meet the minimum requirements for a Cleric as well. If you are trying it in reverse (Cleric to Ranger), you won't be able to do it. You see, the Ranger class is a subclass of the fighter (ergo, it's a kit). BGII will not allow specialization in the second class.
Old 10-20-2000, 04:28 AM   #5
Tobbin
Red Dragon

I'm not really sure here, but from your stats listed above, I believe it may be your dexterity that is causing your probs.