Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-12-2001, 03:45 PM   #1
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

There are those who will always remember where they were when John F Kennedy was shot.

Others will have the day when the Space Shuttle "Challenger" exploded etched on their memory.

Now we have another tragic event to help us define our life and times *sigh*

If only there were more events of global significance which touched us all and filled us with hope rather than despair. In my lifetime, there is only really one which stands out - man walking on the moon..........

Sorry if that's all a bit gloomy, but I suppose I am still depressed by recent events. Oh, and my doc has just diagnosed me as having a viral inner ear infection which means I feel drunk/seasick most of the time

------------------
Regards

Mouse

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 09-12-2001).]
Old 09-12-2001, 03:51 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

You have my sympathy mouse, is there any cure?

As for this day being etched in our memories for ever, I agree, 20 years from now, we'll be lighting candles on the day the WTC was destroyed and remembering it with sorrow, it's already been labelled "The Black Tuesday" here in Denmark, I think it's a day which will be marked on the calender from now on, and if not actually on the calenders, then people will still remember this day whenever they see the date: "The 11th september"

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.

Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.

Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
Old 09-12-2001, 03:57 PM   #3
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
You have my sympathy mouse, is there any cure?

It's viral - labarynthitis, so I've just got to put up with that bit ( 7 - 10 days ). As for the motion sickness bit, I have a prescription for heavy duty anti-seasickness pills to try and combat that. I just get the feeling that my employers are not very sympathetic. Especially when I told them that my doc had said driving was not a good idea.

So what, my health is more important than their job.... 'em!!

------------------
Regards

Mouse

Old 09-12-2001, 04:02 PM   #4
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
It's viral, so I've just got to put up with that bit ( 7 - 10 days ). As for the motion sickness bit, I have a prescription for heavy duty anti-seasickness pills to try and combat that. I just get the feeling that my employers are not very sympathetic. Especially when I told them that my doc had said driving was not a good idea.

So what, my health is more important than their job.... 'em!!
LOL!! That part about your bosses...Yeah, some of that for me. I was very upset and cried all day at work yesterday. When my husband got off at 3:30, he wanted me to go home with him and my boss wouldn't let me!

Sorry to hear your ill. Hope you get better soon. I would have thought, though, that drunkenness without the alcohol would be kinda cool. Or is it no fun for a Scot that way. (Oh - presuming you ARE a Scot, I kind of assume because of your "location", but you could just be living there. I'm new, forgive the presumption if it's wrong.)

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)
Old 09-12-2001, 04:06 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Ouch, Mouse! Otitis Interna is NEVER fun...fortunately, yes, it is recoverable. I suffered from that periodically as a child...infections of the middle and inner ear due to allergies. Painful and dizzying!

I know what you mean. I still remember where I was when Elvis died, when the Challenger exploded, and now I'll always remember being in my car on the way to work, hearing the DJ's talk on the radio about the planes crashing into the World Trade Center, and thinking that it was some kind of a sick joke on their part, then the horrible zoom-effect of focusing when I realized it was TRUE....

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 04:15 PM   #6
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Dear Mouse, I don't think any of us will forget where we were when we heard the news yesterday, no doubt

As for your inner ear infection, had that before, it sucks much of de wind! I remember waking up in the mornings, and just slightly turning my head to the left or right would start my head spinning out of control. Nothing like seeing your dresser climb the ceiling! It took me about two months before I was finally, thoroughly over it. I think it was the worst for about a week, then slowly started to get better little by little. I feel for you Mouse! But you'll be OK in no time, just don't drink any alcohol!

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 05:11 PM   #7
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
There are those who will always remember where they were when John F Kennedy was shot.

Others will have the day when the Space Shuttle "Challenger" exploded etched on their memory.

Now we have another tragic event to help us define our life and times *sigh*

If only there were more events of global significance which touched us all and filled us with hope rather than despair. In my lifetime, there is only really one which stands out - man walking on the moon..........

Did anyone else catch on to the date and its meaning in the U.S.?
9/11...9 1 1 ...the number we dial for emergencies.
Not funny.

Mouse,
I hope you feel better soon.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-12-2001, 05:15 PM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

Did anyone else catch on to the date and its meaning in the U.S.?
9/11...9 1 1 ...the number we dial for emergencies.
Not funny.

It makes me wonder if they planned that...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 09-12-2001).]
Old 09-12-2001, 05:30 PM   #9
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

i think they did LOTS of things to screw with our heads... the date being one of many.

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Old 09-12-2001, 05:37 PM   #10
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

September is also a significant month in the bloody history of Middle Eastern terrorism/armed struggle/freedom fighting. More information is here

------------------
Regards

Mouse