Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2001, 05:28 PM   #1
slug
Manshoon

Jathil asks you to meet him over at the ruins, and bring your horse. you find him there with another horse and a little green man to ride him. Jathil explains the race is two laps and no cheating. soon the walls are lined with rattlings and scoundrels who are unknowingly feeding Jathils gambling disease.

once you have abolished the race and all traces of same, Jathil will thank you and give over the keys to the bedroom in the unburning house.

it's not the reward that really matters anyway, is it?
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 08:32 PM   #2
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

I like it Slug! Sounds like a blast. I wanted to thank you for the info on the lady at the mill - I never knew that. Next time around, I will be ready for this. Since Sazerac reminded me of the article in the Gael, I do remember he was trying to help her not to be so lonely. That is what I had in mind for Ezrebette when I said let's bring her a wounded worgul pup to heal and raise and be her companion and her protector. In return she could heal us every time we saw her after that. Thanks again Slug!

Mammaw

[This message has been edited by mammawlin (edited 03-11-2001).]

[This message has been edited by mammawlin (edited 03-12-2001).]
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 09:19 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

We could all go looking for "ent wives", stout wives, toad wives - I don't suppose the priests in the temple need anything more than their beloved Naga but I would think that the Vamp ladies ought to have more than just the Lich.

Perhaps we could learn that the Werewolf is the result of some curse upon the unfortunate beast - if we can lift the curse that will resolve the town quest as the danger will have been removed!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 12:59 PM   #4
Throg
Dungeon Master

Figure out how to get past the strange door in the belfrey of Shurugeon Castle. The reward is getting the Bat Trait which allows you to fly and cure insanity (i.e., no longer have bats in the belfry).
Throg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 04:59 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

On the Jathil thing: I would have loved to have seen more on the "Gezrites" and had some quests involving them. That storyline just begged for a follow-up! For example, if you could have convinced Jathil that the Stouts were digging up the bodies and had moved the headstones (like what Raskalion claimed), he could have taken just revenge on them and then rewarded you for your information; invited you to a Gezrite village to meet with their elders and learn the Gezrite way (new traits, and new quests...would be an interesting add-on pack).

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 06:37 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Throg - which strange door? The gate way up by D'Soto's room??

If that, I was able to get that open - took me out to a nice ledge from which I jumped to the castle walls and took a walk all the way around!

Sure would be great to be able to fly in this game!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 01:03 PM   #7
Throg
Dungeon Master

Wyv, no, I meant the area that you reach via the kitchen lift, with the two "storage areas". From the top area (where one of the monkey idols was in a chest), if you stack up enough crates and sacks, you climb up to the belfrey. There was a door in that area that I never managed to open. I'm STILL puzzled about it.
Old 03-13-2001, 01:06 PM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Throg, that's the Serpent Temple, not Shurugeon Castle. That's what had Wyvern confused (and myself, too, I must admit!)

I know the door you're talking about; it's a dark mottled blue. I kept trying to figure out where it led to!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 04:49 PM   #9
Throg
Dungeon Master

Ooops, of course! There's no information worse than misinformation - sorry. I was somehow hoping that the vampire's Key in Skull Castle might do the trick, but the Vamp was mad at me and never gave me the chance to get the key.