Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2000, 04:35 AM   #1
lost

1) I've taken the guild quest from the Wizard shop to retrieve the Orb of Clarity. I've finished the Serpent Temple quests and have the Serpent wand in my possession. Yet whenever I speak to Harespia, I receive no option to speak to her about the Orb. Moreover, whenever I ask her about anything other than "fortune" (already had my fortune told by her), she tells me it is "fate" that I should speak to, not "Harespia". When I give her the Serpent wand out of the blue, she happily accepts, but does not give me the Orb of Clarity! WTF???

2) One of my party members has recently joined the warrior guild and the priest guild after becoming a paladin. To advance in guild ranks he apparently has to *repeat* the exact same quests my other party members has *already* completed, specifically, the quest to deliver the "special" potion to Medikawa(sp?) the wandering frog (for the priest guild), and the quest to travel to the Toad village and find out what is going on (for the warrior guild), easy task considering I already finished the Toad village and the Totem quest.

The problem is that after I had my new paladin give the potion to Medikawa, when I go back to the priest guild, I am told the character did not complete the quest? (I was only given one potion...). Additionally, I've travelled to the Toad village, spoken with Shinwiki yet again, and when I return to the Warrior's guild, I am told my character has yet to investigate the Toad village? WTF??

Geez...did I mention I installed the patch? Now everytime I enter the armor shot, I have to sit through the smith telling my barbarian that she hasn't yet done what she has to do to become a ninja, before I can select another character to conduct other business...

Sorry for the rant. I could use some help too. I just finished Planescape: Torment, and this RPG really pales in comparison. At the shop where I bought this game from, it was actually priced the same as Baldur's Gate II...the audacity...
Old 12-20-2000, 04:44 AM   #2
lost

Oh yeah, I know I could probably just waste those nympho-gypsies and grab the Orb, but I am saving my rampage for when I get really frustrated with this game. Besides, if I had killed Scabban when everyone told me I should have, I could not have *repeat* the first wizard guild quest later on when one of my warrior became samurai...

*sigh*
Old 12-20-2000, 05:48 AM   #3
carg
The Magister

1) About the Orb of Clarity: just select talk, type "orb of clarity", and click on Herespia. She won't accept the wand before she has given you the quest for it.
I agree that it would have been nice to have that in de default subjects list, but alas. (It's the same with Kerah's statue in the crypt.)

2) Before the patch I could never do quests with new guild members that others already finished. It appears to have changed with the patch; it would make it less vital to become member of all guilds as soon as possible, because now you can always become guild lvl 7.
I never had problems with the Mekdawa quest, but then I haven't done it twice yet. But there should be some messages on the board, because I remember reading other people did have a problem with both quests. Perhaps the problem has become more notable with the patch, since now you can redo quests.
Should this indeed be a bug without a workaround: don't worry too much; the warrior and priest guilds in the other cities have just enough quests to reach guild level 7 anyway.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2000, 07:20 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Better still, why talk to Harespia, just select use / give and give it to her. I never had any trouble doing either of the toad quests with all 6 of my characters. I don't see that patch installed or not will make any difference there. The patch ceratinly cuts out the free gold from the inn, and the possibilities for item abuse (lamp, dagger etc), and means that only one person should ever do the Mabba Mabbig quest (yeh, surely only I was stupid enough to listen to Sebastio drone on for that 6 times - well, nearly got two shirts ironed per speech).
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2000, 08:15 AM   #5
carg
The Magister

With my party I happened to be in Valeia again (see my post about Alababa's lamp), and had some characters who didn't do all quests yet. So I gave the potion to Mekdawa, and got rewarded for it.
Then I went to toad village, spoke with Ekbu, mentioned Ukabu, and returned. Not good enough. So I went back, spoke with Shinwiki (I asked about serpent temple), and went further to touch the toadem pole again. Then back to Valeia and that seemed to suffice for the smith: I got my promotion.

So I did get some quests other characters had already finished, but not all of them. Bringing items to others, talk to others and donate money were available, killing others and retrieving objects weren't.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote