Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2003, 09:42 AM   #1
WillowIX
Apophis

Itīs called Iespell and is a plugin for Internet Explorer. I think you can use it with Netscape as well. It can be found here: Iespell. Unfortunately I havenīt been able to reach that site so do a google and you will get plenty of download sites. [img]smile.gif[/img] Itīs great! Checks the spelling in the textbox. [img]smile.gif[/img] No need to type in word, check spelling and then paste. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Changed the title som more...

[ 03-27-2003, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 03-27-2003, 09:48 AM   #2
wellard
Dracolisk

TOPS [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

I will give it a go, I need all the help I can get. When I'm on Ironworks I usually open up Word and cut and paste between the two. My spelling has been a lifelong embarressment to me

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 03-27-2003, 09:54 AM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
TOPS [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

I will give it a go, I need all the help I can get. When I'm on Ironworks I usually open up Word and cut and paste between the two. My spelling has been a lifelong embarrassment to me
This works the same way the word spell check does. You get the same box. It really is fantastic! No more typos for me. Of course it reacts on all the smileys, like "thumbsup" etc. You will have to add them to the dictionary. LOL! *coughs* Changed a typo in your quote. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2003, 09:56 AM   #4
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Good morning, Willow. For long posts, I usually type in Works and then cut'n'paste, and it also serves the purpose of saving if the server eats your post. Waht tipos? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2003, 09:59 AM   #5
Legolas
Jack Burton

It's not my typos I'm wurriet abot, does it also change other poepels posts to a more legible collection of understandable words?
Old 03-27-2003, 10:07 AM   #6
WillowIX
Apophis

LOL Attalus. Yeah, waht tipos? I usually use word and then copy and paste. And I never seem to have trouble with the server. A press on the back button usually gives me my post back. Since Iīm lazy this plug-in is a gift from above though.

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:
It's not my typos I'm wurriet abot, does it also change other poepels posts to a more legible collection of understandable words?
*cough* It nailed your collection of words in your post above, although I refrained from correcting them. So yes it is working rather well as a matter of fact. I guess it cross links with the MS dictionary (the one word uses).

OK changed the title some.

[ 03-27-2003, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 03-27-2003, 10:43 AM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:

Edit: Changed the title som more...
I'll give it a shot, but it does work, Willow? I mean, I'm looking at your edit above, and....

The usual rules for spellcheckers still apply. They haven't figured out how to make on that does what I want, and not what I say.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:14 AM   #8
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
I'll give it a shot, but it does work, Willow? I mean, I'm looking at your edit above, and....

The usual rules for spellcheckers still apply. They haven't figured out how to make on that does what I want, and not what I say.
Hi Bungleau. I used Opera to post the latest post as well as for the edit. I canīt get it to work with Opera. I donīt have Netscape so I canīt try that. Iīm still working on getting it to work on Opera though. It seems like a lost cause.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:36 AM   #9
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

WILLOW!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!
My boss has been griping all week that this online form our company makes us fill out for our evaluations has no spell check on it so we can't fix our errors. I showed her this, we tried it out on her computer and she's thrilled. You made us happy, at least something around here works now

I can give you my faux-rabid cat if you want (the cat's real, she only thinks she's rabid -- long story)
Old 03-27-2003, 01:00 PM   #10
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Hmmm, good idea [img]smile.gif[/img]
I never use word, which I should-I type fast, 50% of the time correctly, unless my room is cold. Then my fingers freeze and become about three times as clumsy.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.