Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-06-2001, 07:05 PM   #1
zer0cool
Welcomed New User

Hello, i am new to this game as i just got this game last week. My question is that is there anything bad about resting a lot. I mean the resting function basically would act as potion for everyone and also replenishes magic... i dunno why wouldnt anyone just rest basically after any battle. So i wana know if there is any negative effect to rest.

Thank you.
Old 03-06-2001, 07:09 PM   #2
Marillion
The Magister

If you don't consider it a challange to complete the game in few gameplay hours the answer is No...
Note that in some stages in the game there are timelimits involved in the quests and you might overdo theese by sleeping a lot.

------------------
May Helm smile upon thee..
Old 03-06-2001, 07:17 PM   #3
Dog of War
The Magister

You can also get atatcked while resting, and certain areas won't allow you to rest. I do recommend resting when you can, but if you don't need ot, I woudl use spells and potions. As previosly noted, some quests have time limits. Have fun, and welcome to the Board!
Old 03-07-2001, 01:19 AM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Resting is part of planning, unless you have a time specific quest on hand, I would recommend resting as often as possible. Party memebers with lower constitution will also require more rest, and they will start complaining whenever they are tired.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-07-2001, 01:24 AM   #5
Aurican
Elminster

I hardly ever rest, I just never realize how long I go without. The wimpier characters have to rest more, I just let them suffer until my entire party is fatigued.

------------------
Can an elf get a break anywhere these days? [img]www.pagesz.net/~dragon/elf.gif [/img]
Old 03-07-2001, 01:26 AM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Don't forget fatigued have adverse factor to your saving throws and luck (I think), however it is a rather minor penalty.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-07-2001, 04:06 AM   #7
Lord Shield

No real problem with resting. Remember that fatigue only affects combat, not spellcasting, so if a wizard is fatigued, just give them a cup of coffee and carry on

Old 03-07-2001, 04:10 AM   #8
Moiraine
Anubis

Don't feel bad about resting !
It is just us old PnP gamers who are used to avoid sleeping until we fall from tiredness, since it seems that all DMs around the world won't let us poor gamers sleep until the current quest is finished ...

------------------
Old 03-07-2001, 04:17 AM   #9
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Keep in mind resting is the mean for spellcasters to re-memorize spells they have previously casted. A spell caster without spells is like a rifle with no bullets in war, what good can he offer a party (aside stabbing opponents with his little dagger, if he can reach them)?

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-07-2001, 05:50 AM   #10
Dimension X
Dungeon Master

Just what I wanted to say, Accord.

Unless you have 10 million scrolls of Limited Wish and a Wisdom of 16 and above, I don't see how you can get those spells back...(Okay...Make that spells above Lvl 6)

Anyway, not resting gives a -1 Luck penalty, which translates to +1 penalty to all saving throws.

So, if your wizzie is attacking a dragon, and he gets it, the penalty is going to make a difference...

Oh, and the penalty increases with every hour (game time) that you do not rest.

------------------
A Drawn Sword;
A Trickle Of Blood;
The Tempest Is Brewing.
Nemesis....