Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 10-05-2002, 06:39 PM   #1
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

I am trying to decide if I should purchase this game and would really like to try a demo, if there is one available. Anyone know if there is one and where I can find it? Thanks.
Old 10-05-2002, 07:13 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I odn't suppose you will just take my word for it, eh?

Well, I do not know where to get a demo at the moment, but will be looking for one for you...but in the mean time...if you are turned on to a pretty good story line that has so many monsters coming at you with incredible AI that you scream in horror, pause the game, and then try to reconfigure your settings to a lower difficulty rate because of the mass amount of villians coming at you at a run while their archers are turning you into pin-cushions...this might be the game for you.

It is very exciting and dangerous...
Old 10-05-2002, 07:17 PM   #3
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Thanks Larry. It really sounds like a game I will buy, just thought there might be a demo around to play before I get a chance to buy it.
Old 10-05-2002, 08:50 PM   #4
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I Don't know if there is a demo out there or not. You could check out gamespi.com they may be able to head you in the right direction.
But to give you my 2 cents worth of input I really think you will like it.
I,ve seen your posts over the years and you are a Baldurs Gate II fan. now this game is not Baldurs Gate but it has a very good story line and plot,with lots of action,treasures, magic weapons and armor and a small team of Heros out to save their part of the Forgotten Realms and I think it is A "BETTER" game than Neverwinter Nights with a better story and the graphics may not be 3D but the weapons and armor use much better Models than NWN and they don't look toy like.
take my word for it This game is well worth the price and I paid $62.58tx inc.
for the collectors Edition and today I spent $16.37 and bought PRIMA"S OFFICIAL STRATEGY GUIDE for the maps and to see if I missed anything in the first two times I played, and I missed alot. I made a new party a few days ago and I guss you could say I'm going to play this time around by the BOOK
Old 10-05-2002, 08:59 PM   #5
Spikeous
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
II spent $16.37 and bought PRIMA"S OFFICIAL STRATEGY GUIDE for the maps and to see if I missed anything in the first two times I played, and I missed alot. I made a new party a few days ago and I guss you could say I'm going to play this time around by the BOOK
That's why they made the internet [img]smile.gif[/img] , but I'm speaking for the Poor/cheap people

Rich communist bastard!
Old 10-05-2002, 10:35 PM   #6
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Thanks for all the advice. I have looked this afternoon for a demo and couldn't find one. Only thing left is for me to go out and buy the game, which I just might do tomorrow. Maybe if I'm lucky, someone will have it on sale. Thanks again. I'll be back on this board for some help after I've gotten started.
Old 10-05-2002, 10:37 PM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Note to previous poster :

Pirating games is something that is not condoned at IW, and anyone advocating such tends to get very short shrift from both members and moderators alike.

I suggest you delete your last couple of posts to this topic.

To Lady A - I am enjoying the game enough to make me seriously consider playing BGII . I might do that anyway, just so as I can ask Donut the question that gets him all worked up (ie how do you kill Kangaax? (sp) ).
Old 10-06-2002, 10:22 AM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Davros, I think he was referring to the strategy guide...as that is the part that he quoted, and was meaning that instead of buying the book, you could see the walk-throughs on websites like this one...where the same basic information can be found.
I do not think he was referring to game piracy.
Old 10-07-2002, 08:33 AM   #9
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Davros, I think he was referring to the strategy guide...as that is the part that he quoted, and was meaning that instead of buying the book, you could see the walk-throughs on websites like this one...where the same basic information can be found.
I do not think he was referring to game piracy.
Hi Larry :

LOL - A little more credit please matey - If you look closely at my first paragraph / line, and my 3rd paragraph / line, you can deduce that the offending post / posts have been removed (desired effect achieved). There is no reference at all in my message to him / her as to who's posts I was referring to - this was quite deliberate so as to give them the opportunity to make good. They have, so case closed.

The post you are referring to is not an issue.

Cheers buddy
Davros
Old 10-07-2002, 10:56 AM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Oops.

Larry-> [img]graemlins/smilelazer.gif[/img] <-Davros

[img]graemlins/whome.gif[/img]

[ 10-07-2002, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote